Meopta Warranty

OP
C
That’s great news ! Glad Meopta is finally stepping up. A lot of my career has been dealing with manufacturers , many don’t want to take care of things until they are pressured and exposed especially on social media. I have had to go presidents of companies before to get resolution when mid management just would not help and was playing stall tactics. Not sure why Meopta didn’t just handle your problem in the first place. As long as one purchases products new from a manufacturer’s AD you should not have issues getting a warrantied item replaced or at least be offered a loaner as in your case. Unfortunately the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It will be interesting when some of these other (not Meopta) companies that are selling Chinese optics start having warranty failures, then we will all be reading about how cheap prices do not equal quality and the selling dealers getting called out for replacement. Personally I don’t have time or the patience to deal with quality control issues that are not handled on the front side by manufacturers.
It seems that the hunting community is small enough that companies that do not have good customer service get weeded out pretty fast. I have been very impressed with the industry as a whole for maintaining a very high level of integrity, personalized marketing and customer support.

daddie63

WKR
Meopta warrantied my Cabelas Euro binos and I didn’t pay anything besides shipping one way.
I was impressed. And I agree Erik has been great.

OP
C
Meopta warrantied my Cabelas Euro binos and I didn’t pay anything besides shipping one way.
I was impressed. And I agree Erik has been great.
Oh awesome - great to hear. Eric said they wouldn't be covered. I have a pair of the Euro's so that's good news. If they ever have an issue maybe I'll be able to talk them in to it!

born2kill

FNG
Researched binos for months and finally narrowed it down to Meopta. Dealt with Erik directly and he was more than helpful. Loving my Meostars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
If you had half a clue as to what you're talking about with regards to Meopta, you wouldn't have bothered responding in the first place. As most know, Meopta was the OEM for several optics companies including Cabelas, Zeiss, Leica, Nightforce, Trijicon, and maybe a couple of others. When the original OEM contracts expired with these companies, that's when Meopta started coming out with new products for the American market and started becoming more "front and center" in terms of brand recognition. The more people used them, the higher their reputation got, and the more recognizable their high quality products and customer service became. It was an obvious step up from OEM status. Meopta is one of the few companies in the world that is capable of manufacturing and grinding/polishing their own glass in house. They are a true alpha company.

Here's another lesson for you. When Bass Pro took over Cabelas, Meopta had been making the Cabelas Euro/Instinct line of optics for a few years already. Bass Pro gave the "screw you" to owners of these products, even though Cabelas had their ironclad lifetime guarantee on them. Bass Pro negated that warranty out of thin air. Meopta had no obligation to honor the warranty because Cabelas was, but decided to honor the warranty anyway, out of good will, with no legal obligation to do so. That's taking care of customers IMO.
Raider, I don’t need any lessons from you. Your comments about Zeiss not taking care of your friends, brothers , cousin’s optics sounds made up to me and more of your B.S. I have only good experiences purchasing from OEM’s not second or third party manufacturing for others. Branded items from a outside supplier only offers another chance to get the run around from the original manufacturer. You stating your problems with branded Cabelas made goods only shows you are not clear in your comments. Pretty rude too. Maybe you should read your post again and try to figure out what you are talking about. Again , I have not had to send a Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski optic in for service except for cleaning.

sf jakey

Lil-Rokslider
I had the same issue with my Meopta 15’s I bought last year, They just didn’t align quite right. Called Meopta, told them of my upcoming mule deer hunt which I purchased these for, and they had me return my pair. I asked about repair time, and the guy just said, “ we will send you a new pair as soon as we receive yours”. 1 week turnaround time. Awesome company, awesome binocs. Every bit as good as my 2003 Swarovski ELs.

JGRaider

WKR
Raider, I don’t need any lessons from you. Your comments about Zeiss not taking care of your friends, brothers , cousin’s optics sounds made up to me and more of your B.S. I have only good experiences purchasing from OEM’s not second or third party manufacturing for others. Branded items from a outside supplier only offers another chance to get the run around from the original manufacturer. You stating your problems with branded Cabelas made goods only shows you are not clear in your comments. Pretty rude too. Maybe you should read your post again and try to figure out what you are talking about. Again , I have not had to send a Zeiss, Leica or Swarovski optic in for service except for cleaning.

Quit while you're behind. It's very obvious you have no clue what you're talking about, and your reading comprehension is the same. Me and my buddy, yes the one with the faulty Zeiss spotter, guided over 150 hunters in a 15 yr period. I've seen most every make and model bino and spotter come into camp that you can think of (owned a slew of them as well) except for the newer Leica Noctovids, Zeiss SF's, and NL Pure's. I know what works, what doesn't who's service sucks, and who's doesn't from personal experience, not guessing or reading about it on the "net as you're doing.

Outwest

WKR
I had a good experience with Erik as well. Very responsive when I sent off my Meostars after dropping them a few too many times.

FYI.... Meopta folks in the CR get a summer break so expect a little longer lag if you send in optics during the summer months. Still got my glass back in around 12-14 weeks, almost totally rebuilt/replaced except for the glass and chassis. Awesome service.

I didn't think about a loaner pair, I just used it as an excuse to buy a backup pair!

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I just used Erik for a warranty issue on binos. I will concur with everyone Erik was easy to work with and responsive. I have nothing but positive things to say about Meopta and my experience.

kaku3428

Lil-Rokslider
Erik is the man. Very nice to deal with.
Me Swarovski El had to go for cleaning/repair thrice in 4 months, so I did not have it for a while. Nothing unusual in this COVID 19 situation.

Been very fortunate to have hunted pretty much all over the world, and used a lot of optics in pretty rugged environments - while doing extensive glassing. During that time I’ve owned a lot of Alpha and near-Alpha products. As has already been said, Meopta makes top tier stuff and is one of the few that makes their own glass. Only Meopta I have is a Meostar S2 Spotter that so far has performed flawlessly but only owned it for a couple years. So I haven’t had cause to use Meopta Repair Service, YET.

But all 3 top Alpha companies have done right by me in customer service. If folks use their optics as much and in the environments we do (especially mountain hunting) even the most rugged designs can wear out or break. Had repair work done by the top 3 within the past few years. These were my experiences with each (keep in mind they are just individual examples):

Swarovski - Had a Z5 Scope that was no longer holding zero. Sent it to Swaro and they said the tube was damaged (don’t know how) and it was putting pressure on the reticle. They used a new tube and basically rebuilt the scope. Charged me a few hundred $ and wanted a $150 more if I wanted an expedited repair. Had another brand new Swarovski scope fog on the inside and they repaired it for free.

Zeiss - Had an old scope on a 300WBY finally lose zero, they repaired it for free, Had an old 10x40 Classic whose main hinge simply wore out. Being a discontinued model they had to send it back to Germany for repair. They fixed the hinge, replaced the eyecups and completely cleaned it up for free - even inserted a note of apology for having to send it to Germany and it taking a while.

Leica - Service years ago was abysmal. Back around 2000 I’d sent a Trinovid in due a broken diopter / focus knob and it took over a year to get back. However, the company recently rededicated itself to quality customer service. I recently sent back a malfunctioning CRF and the service could not have been better. Engaging, courteous, lightning fast, and they could not fix but replaced the item free of charge.

These were my actual experiences- but of course, your actual mileage may vary. Remember an offer of a loner only from Zeiss. But to be fair, I didn’t request one from the others.

The great news is companies seem to now understand that they are not just competing to build the best scope or binocular, but today’s consumer will also take service and care into account before making a purchase decision.

CentralFLMike

Lil-Rokslider
Last August I bought a used R1 scope from a member on another message board. When it arrived vai USPS the ocular lens was cracked. Meopta USA warranty replaced it hassle free with a 10-day to 2-week turn around. I have no compaints.

ZackP

WKR
Erik is the bee’s knees. Had a pair of bino's replaced in a week after I dropped them and broke the binocular strap loop on the body of the bino. Meopta is top notch!

Nethero

WKR
I just wanted to bring this old thread back to life to say that I finally have experienced Meopta’s customer service and warranty now first hand. And it was excellent.

I bought a set of used 7x42 MeoStars off of Rokslide’s classifieds. They were in pretty good condition but I just wanted them serviced for some internal dust and a loose eye up. Nothing major.

Erik M. with Meopta out of Florida was responsive the entire time and very helpful. The warranty took a while (3 months) but that was communicated before I sent them in. They just came back to me looking brand new and in perfect condition, new rubber armor and all.

Meopta is definitely top tier.

born2kill

FNG
I just wanted to bring this old thread back to life to say that I finally have experienced Meopta’s customer service and warranty now first hand. And it was excellent.

I bought a set of used 7x42 MeoStars off of Rokslide’s classifieds. They were in pretty good condition but I just wanted them serviced for some internal dust and a loose eye up. Nothing major.

Erik M. with Meopta out of Florida was responsive the entire time and very helpful. The warranty took a while (3 months) but that was communicated before I sent them in. They just came back to me looking brand new and in perfect condition, new rubber armor and all.

Meopta is definitely top tier.

Glad to hear that. Bought a set of Meostars last year and love them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk