Meopta x2 doubler

Fromthedepths

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone run one ? Just bought a set of 15’s and I’m considering one , wondering if it’s worth it . Thanks

Doublers cut the light in half and the quality to near nothing. Stay away

Doug. Your for sure the expert and not questioning you, but just out of curiosity, have you tried the Meopta with their doubler? It’s the only one I’ve heard excellent reports on versus all other doublers out there. I have no experience with Meopta’s doubler so I cannot verify.

PredatorX

WKR
When I had those 15's I looked into that. There is a YouTube review on the doubler. The guy gives it a good review.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

WKR
I like the Maven doubler. I put it on my 9x45 and while the field of view is extremely small it does the trick. I think the key is to have a generous exit pupil before you add the doubler. While the field of view is extremely small I didn't find that to be troubling. Since it's a binocular I use the other barrel to find what I was looking at and then the doubler on the other side gave me a closer look.

notchfir3

Lil-Rokslider
Meopta makes great optics and great products. Up until about 9 months ago, or so, they did not concentrate at all on promoting their own brand. They are the company that made the Zeiss Conquest line of riflescopes for years, which was essentially a re-wrapped Meopta Meopro. They make various optics for Cabelas as well, however, they spent no $$$ marketing their own brand. Stupid IMO.
Towards the end of last year they hired a top guy, who was with Nikon for over 20 years, and put him in charge of the Sports Optics division.
He immediately started to implement changes to get the Meopta line of offerings starting with their binoculars. He understands the best way to get folks to use a product is get it into their hands so they can see how great it is. He immediately cut the prices of all binoculars 20-30%. You can now get a Meopta Meopro 10x42 for under $500.00 and the Meopta MeoStar 10x42 HD for under $1,000.00. They have enhanced their offerings of riflescopes too. They have also hired a few great people for tech and customer support.
All great steps in a short time.

Please feel free to give a call to discuss which Meopta is right for you and keep an eye on them as I do believe the next couple of years will bring exciting changes to their offerings.