Merino Base layers

Hhardrockminer

Lil-Rokslider
The wool won't retain the BO as the synthetics do.
I think its warmer as well.
Pick your brand almost all those mentioned will be really close to one another in getting the job done.

muddydogs

WKR
I purchased a set of the Black Ovis Merino wool, they fit good and feel good but thats about all I can say at this point since its to hot to do more then try them on right now.

Lando

WKR
Take a look at merino wool base layers on sierra trading post. Good deals to be had there, but pay attention to percentage of wool content.

hikenhunt

WKR
There are several non-hunting brands that have great merino products that don't charge a premium because they offer camo colors. Stoic is another quality merino brand.

jd65

Lil-Rokslider
Another + for Black Ovis. Durable, Warm and best of all Affordable! They served me well last season and I wouldn't hesitate to buy again. As said, watch Camofire for the sale.

+1 Minus 33, I try to purchase a few pieces a year. I have a few black Ovis tops that I will be testing out this season as well. They appear to be great quality.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I purchased some Minus 33 stuff for a hunt in a couple weeks. It appears to be well made stuff. I'm pleased with it so far. Can't wait to actually try it in the field.

Another vote for black Ovis if your looking for something affordable. I wore the boxers and base layer shirt the last two years and have been super comfortable.

urds1406

FNG
I have been running Kuiu. I really like the design of the bottoms. Can take them off without taking off pants if you get over heated.

I definitely agree with this for their merino blend boxers. I’m a size 34 waist and 5’10” 190lbs and carry my weight in my legs and the size L was waaaay too tight all around. I ended up going with First Lite Wick boxers and love them. In the FL I had to go with medium as the large was too big. Even if the fit was the same for both brands, I would definitely prefer the FL
First Lite is a great company too ! He supports BCHF which is a huge thumbs up ….

I have been running Kuiu. I really like the design of the bottoms. Can take them off without taking off pants if you get over heated.
OH YA ! forgot about the KUIU bottoms - NOBODY else came up with the zip off bottoms, it is HUGE