Merino boxers

jruff002

Lil-Rokslider
Ok, I’ve researched this and read several threads but still looking for more input. Looking on opinions of merino boxers. I bought a couple pair of Woolx that showed up in mail today, really liked material and seemed legit til I put them on. On both cheeks where the threads seam is drove me crazy the minute I put them on so they’re going back. But I was looking at other brands and seems several are similar where the seam is on each cheek, are the other brands comfortable that have that or just me?? Can’t really try m’ on til ya buy them and they arrive, at least nothing where I live for hours. I found the black sheep pair and notice they don’t have any on rear so curious on y’all tboughts

Rodéo

WKR
FL makes the greatest underwear of all time (when they don't rip at the crotch). I've had 4 or 5 pairs of FL merino underwear and 2 or 3 have ripped after a year of use. The ones that I still wear are truly the most comfortable underwear I've ever worn. I had no idea what I was missing in terms of comfort, breathability, and non-piling that quality merino underwear affords you.

BUT, I don't think I'll be buying anymore for a long time unfortunately. Can't really justify 40 dollar underwear no matter how comfortable it is. And the 50% chance that they'll be useless within a year doesn't help.

Shraggs

WKR
I was reluctant at first. I also have several pair of icebreaker boxers, normal length.

I so love the longer. Some of that may be fit, mine are snug. My icebreaker are normal loose and not as easy to put pants on. I like the tighter feel as I walk and better wicking through out a sweaty area.

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought the black ovis brand merino boxers. Wore for 3 straight days backpacking/turkey hunting in Colorado. I liked them a lot. They were a little tight in the thighs at first but loosened up. This is my first pair of merino boxers, so nothing to compare to. But I really liked them. Also great price. I see them come across camofire once a week or so for around $18

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Idahomnts

Lil-Rokslider
Have some first lite black Ovid and ice breaker ,
FL seems to lack durability,

JNDEER

WKR
had same issues as above with durability with FL boxers.

as baxter said i wait until REI has a sale on smartwool and buy those. have not had a pair rip or tear and get a hole yet.

TBHasler

WKR
I use the Black Ovis merino/poly blend boxers as well and they've worked great. As earlier poster mentioned, they start a bit tight in thighs, but loosen a bit over time. Seams do run up cheeks, but they never bothered me.
I guess if you have your ass kicked enough in life, the cheeks lose sensitivity!
Good luck in your search

I couldn't bring myself to spend full price on a pair of wool boxers, but finding them on clearance (camofire, etc..) makes it a little more manageable. Wool drawers are warmer than cotton, but not $50 warmer in my opinion.. Have a pair of Black Ovis Merino/Synthetic blends and they work just fine.