Merino Boxers

treillw

WKR
Wanna get some Merino Boxers or other anti-stank material. Don't wanna spend $50 on them really. Suggestions?

Thanks!

xcutter

WKR
I know there stupid expensive but those First Lite Wick Long Boxer Briefs are the most comfortable underwear I've ever worn. Wish they weren't so expensive because that would be all I would wear.

Might check out the Black Ovis merino boxers.

crich

WKR
I feel like wool boxers only do so much in regards to odor. Yeah wool is inherently odor resistant but its not a magic pill. Everyones body chemistry is different. Some warm water on a dead down wind wipe and a little Dr. Bronners soap is my go to over just merino boxers alone.

With that said, to answer your actual question 😄...I have some FL and they super comfy but I have access to their pro program so I get a bit of a discount. Theyre super nice but otherwise theyre outrageously priced. Since merino can be washed (Dr. Bronner again) and dry quickly thats a big win in my book. I'd give the black ovis a hard look.

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
Doesn't look like first lite has any pure boxers. I hate boxer briefs. Am I missing them?

JakeSCH

WKR
I know there stupid expensive but those First Lite Wick Long Boxer Briefs are the most comfortable underwear I've ever worn. Wish they weren't so expensive because that would be all I would wear.

Might check out the Black Ovis merino boxers.

+1. I always hated briefs but now the first lite boxer briefs are all I wear. They go on sale (30% off or more) a couple times a year and I stock up when they do.

Jbxl20

WKR
Another plus 1 with briefs. I have to wear briefs with my kuiu attacks. Too tight in the crotch. 😉 exofficio makes a looser fitting boxer as well.

Watch Camofire for the Black Ovis ones. I have been wearing them for years and have yet to wear a pair out.

Jbxl20

WKR
Do they get stanky? Similar performance to merino?
They did great on a 10 day backpack hunt early September. I did change them halfway through just because I was sweating at night and figured it was time for a fresh pair, but not because of stink. I bought them off recommendations from another thread on here. I have 5 pairs now and wear them almost daily

mcseal2

WKR
The FL merino boxers plus tall Darn Tough socks eliminate the need for a merino base layer for me. Go with a shade heavier pant and all but the knee is covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

htlt_surfboards

Lil-Rokslider
Google/amazon Woolly clothing co classic boxer. $30. I used them for hunting all September. I got them to replace some worn out smartwool and think they worked just as well. Took about 5 days for them to start smelling. They are full boxer not briefs and I had no problems with them riding up or anything.