Merino shirts.

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Would like some suggestions on a base layer merino shirts, doesn’t need to be a hunting company. Looking for something cheap and lightweight

Last edited:
OP
R

Remps17

Lil-Rokslider
Do you guys like their merino blend of the black Ovis?

Frazier

FNG
I bought a “merino tech” combo of a short sleeved shirt plus a pair of socks on amazon for like $40.

Have been pleased with performance, comfort, and odor resistance

Howard Mee

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a pile of the Black Ovis merino wool.
2 hoodies, 2 shirts, underwear, gloves, beanies... they’re great. They have very well built seams, which is a big deal to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCB

WKR
plenty of suppliers on amazon for half the price of a name brand hunting company. i have one from minus33 that i like.

Are the 100% merino pieces better than the merino blends? I have no merino gear right now and am trying to decide if I should start with a lightweight blend or a midweight 100% merino piece...

GarrettA

FNG
I’ve been impressed with my first lite merino long sleeve. although expensive. Will probably give black ovis a try also.

Are the 100% merino pieces better than the merino blends? I have no merino gear right now and am trying to decide if I should start with a lightweight blend or a midweight 100% merino piece...
probably depends on your hunt.. the blends will dry quicker if they get wet from rain or sweat and i think they're a little more durable because of the nylon woven in. i hunt hot weather a lot so that's what i prefer between the two. the 100% merino will be warmer though and will probably stay a little bit less funky as it's all merino. if you don;t care about camo you can find good deals from non hunting brands or black ovis.