Merino Tees

tracker12

WKR
I have been wearing Ibex Merino Tees as my base layer for years but they are all about done. Need another brand. What are you wearing these days.

Peak Performance was hands-down the best but they no longer use merino - just synthetic.

i‘ve had very good luck with Kuiu, but they vary a bit in weave and design from year to year. Smartwool 150s have been consistently fantastic and are currently my favorite. Icebreaker also makes some pretty solid stuff - have a few pieces that I like.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been testing out the new merino shirts from Costco for $20. After two+ weeks of wear it's still going strong without any BO smell, and it seems to be holding up as well as anything else I've had from FL, KUIU, Minus 33, or Icebreaker.

Tberg

Lil-Rokslider
I've been testing out the new merino shirts from Costco for $20. After two+ weeks of wear it's still going strong without any BO smell, and it seems to be holding up as well as anything else I've had from FL, KUIU, Minus 33, or Icebreaker.

Got a link for those Costco shirts?

kumplocke

FNG
Not finding the Costco T's , my wife said she would kill me if I bought another Costco shirt. But I'm pretty sure she was talking about the long sleeve ones.

I have worn Aerowool on 10 & 12 day consecutive hunts with no funk. Ideal choice for hot weather.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
Well I just ordered a couple from Minus 33. I have been happy with there bottoms.

I love the First Lite Aerowool series, the old one anyway. I haven’t upgraded to the newer ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love the First Lite Aerowool series, the old one anyway. I haven’t upgraded to the newer ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brett_T

FNG
I've had smartwool merino for some time and love it. i tried to use some first lite merino to stay in camo, but it doesnt hold up to washing very well. Ive washed the hell out of smartwool and its still going strong. I probably have 4-5X longer life span out of smartwool and still going.

Tberg

Lil-Rokslider
I've got five Henley's from woolly clothing. Not camo but the price ain't bad. I wear them all the time including as base layers on hunts. Nothing bad to say about them. I really like the button Henley over a crew neck T.

OP
tracker12

tracker12

WKR
The Minus 33 came in yesterday and the quality is very nice and as good as others I have owned. I bought one light weight and one midweight. Wore the Mid today while on a hike then around town. Very comfortable, no itch and no noticeable odor issues. Hopefully after several wears and washing I will have the same opinion.

Last edited: