Merino wool boxers.

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
STP has them for $29.00 and Firstlite for $60. Is there any difference between these 2, other than $31.00 dollars? Reviews are'nt bad on the Sierra Trading Post boxers.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
For boxers I would say the STP are just fine, and certainly not $31 worth of difference. I have two pair of the First Lite and I use them only when I have to. I have several pair of the RedRam boxers and prefer them over the First Lite.

GrantMan

Lil-Rokslider
I got a couple pair of the Valde boxer briefs and they are okay. I had to send my first order back and get and get a size larger then I normally wear. I am starting to wear the fabric away in some areas and get some chaffing with these. I also tried another brand from STP and like those much better but I don't see them on the website anymore.

If I was to order again I would try the red ram brand and see if I like those better.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the Valde in one size larger than normal and have been very happy.

i have the redram and am not impressed. they are loose fitting too start with and end up very loose very quick. i would not buy them again. might give the minus33 a try.
i do have a redram tshirt that is flat awesome

I have a couple pair of the first lite and I really like them so far. I have the new updated version of them.

I like the First Lite boxers, but if I had to pay full price for them I would be finding something else to wear and ruin! They are pretty thin, I noticed that after one season both pairs had several holes in them.. I still wear them but they are gonna get tossed/replaced after this season.

JasonWi

WKR
I have a couple pairs of the Core 4 element merino boxers. Owned them for a couple of years. They have been worn alot -- they are starting to fall apart at a fast rate. If a person was going to use them only for hunting they would last quite a few seasons.

Bought them on Camofire for 14.99 pair.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
i have the redram and am not impressed. they are loose fitting too start with and end up very loose very quick. i would not buy them again. might give the minus33 a try.
i do have a redram tshirt that is flat awesome

I have seen a couple of reviews on STP that say that the RedRams are labeled as boxers, not boxer briefs on their packaging.

Matt Palmquist

Lil-Rokslider
The RedRam's are $19 bucks a pair right now on STP...I went a head and bought several pairs to try them out.

Lawnboi

WKR
redram makes some quality boxers for a decent price. I think i paid 20 bucks a piece for mine. Not the most comfy waistband but there still pretty nice. Better than having to burn your synthetics after a few days.

bowinhand

WKR
anyone else cut all of the tags off the red ram shirt and/or boxers? on the shirt I think I had to cut off three uncomfortable tags and two on the boxers why can't they just do silk screen labels like Haynes or FOL

Lawnboi

WKR
The redram do fit loose, if you want them squeezing your peaches get a size smaller than you need. Merino can really stretch.

Yes the tags come off they are very uncomfortable.

OP
K

katdaddy2013

Lil-Rokslider
You can get the Redrams on STP for $14.25 using the coupon code. Think I'll order a couple of pair to try out.

just ordered a couple of the redram from STP($13.30ea). Ill let you know. funny i ended up saving money except ordered over $100 to do it. hmmmmmm. did i really save any $?