Merino Wool Care

always used the atsko sport wash in the past but switched to eucalan no rinse wool wash. has a bit of lanolin in it and makes the cheaper wool less scratchy. always lay items flat on a drying racks in my basement with the dehumidifier blowin on it. dries quick and doesnt stretch the garments like a hanger can do sometimes. washing merino the regular way i think is mostly o.k. but it cuts down on the life.

rkramer

FNG
I use the grangers merino wash sold on FL's website but I really do not think it is necessary. And definitely agree with air dry only.

Bearsears

WKR
I have been using the nikwax stuff but you have to go easy and double rinse because it has a bad chemical smell. I'll use it till it's gone and I dont think I'd recommend it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

crock239

FNG
Wash cold, delicate, no issues. Dry on flat racks. Will look into the eucalan stuff....less scratchy would be good.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Baking soda on delicate cycle and cold water with a 2nd rinse. Hang to dry. Never put in a dryer.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I wear merino socks and boxers every day, and they get washed/dried with the rest of the families laundry. My last batch of socks(6 pair) lasted me 7 years before I sent them into Darn Tough for replacements. My hunting gear I tend to only wash a few times a season unless theyre bloody and f I have time I’ll hang lay it out to dry. Their will be a minor amount of wool lint on the lint screen of the dryer so I’m sure that may be taking a fraction of a percentage from the life.

Meridian90

Lil-Rokslider
I wear merino socks and boxers every day, and they get washed/dried with the rest of the families laundry. My last batch of socks(6 pair) lasted me 7 years before I sent them into Darn Tough for replacements. My hunting gear I tend to only wash a few times a season unless theyre bloody and f I have time I’ll hang lay it out to dry. Their will be a minor amount of wool lint on the lint screen of the dryer so I’m sure that may be taking a fraction of a percentage from the life.

Socks last a long time, even when drying. My merino boxers never last that long, but --- thick thigh life is the reason.

N2TRKYS

WKR
Sportwash with cold water and dry it in the dryer. I don't want clothing that I can't put in the dryer. I've had zero issues with putting wool in the dryer.

HankNM

Lil-Rokslider
Have lots of wool. Lived with a weaver for 20 yrs.
Wear merino socks year round. Sweaters & shirts in winter.
Woolite ,cold, delicate tumble-no heat or flat on a towel for sweaters/shirts. Small dose of the free liquid if out of woolite
Lots of times I will hang my base layers & hunting clothes on pinion branches and they're dry in minutes...

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
I use atskon anti uv sport wash for all my hunting clothing. I don’t know if it makes a difference though. The biggest thing with merino is you want to wash it cold and air dry it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk