Merriams Turkey Help

I was wondering if anyone could suggest a region or unit I should look at in WY for a spring hunt next season. I will be in Wyoming this fall and hope to get an idea of what areas to hunt/ apply for. I am clueless to hunting out west as far as turkey's are concerned. I have only hunted eastern birds. Thanks for any info you could send my way, it will be appreciated. I'm open to other states as well.

StrutNut

Lil-Rokslider
Black Hills would be a good bet. In the hills they always seem to be running at similar altitudes. I have killed most of my merriams in SD or NE. I like NE the best. Also get a mix of hybrids in NE. Some of the Indian Reservations in SD like Standing Rock also have Rios that they released so you have a shot at getting a RIO or Merriam. Merriams are very vocal and fairly predictable compared to a eastern.

OP
D
Thank you very much StrutNut. I'll have to start researching SD as well. I will be driving from the wonderful state of NY so SD will save me a few hours as well. BTW NY stinks lol. Sarcasm doesn't translate to txt well. Thanks again.

jmez

WKR
You can shoot them in my yard if you want to. If that isn't sporting enough I can show you where to go in the Black Hills.