Mesa Horse Gear Rope Halter

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Dane from @MesaHorseCo.
sent me two of these. I’ve only owned one rope halter in my life but it had the lead rope permanently attached to it so I never really could get used to it.

However I ran the Mesa on a hunt last week, and I found some advantages. Number one it’s not heavy, not that the horse cares but when you get an arm load of tack you’re hauling from the shed it’s nice.

More important than that, the typical nylon ones have buckles in various places and they can wear sores on your horse on an extended hunt. Didn’t see any of that with these.

Love the blaze orange!

And only $12 @ www.mesahorsegear.com

d7d39722a682cd2c9a8b20df0037004e.jpg

762463187cd067f132d28abe8a7bbcba.jpg

d0a04afdf99124a9b0b10515c8f41a11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JDZ

WKR
Those look nice.

Tried rope halters maybe 15 years ago, and basically made the switch to exclusively rope halters from flat halters about 15 years and 10 minutes ago. So much easier to leave on the horse underneath the bridle. For maybe 14 years I've riden with the lead rope attached to the halter, and the other end draped over the saddle horn, tucked loosely into my belt, or in my free hand. It makes so much sense to be able to hop off the horse and already be leading with the rope by the time both feet hit the ground.

I'll check out Mesa.

JDZ

WKR
[mention]robby denning [/mention] little tip: tie the knot around the loop, not back to the rope you pulled thru. Check the photos on Mesa's website.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
[mention]robby denning [/mention] little tip: tie the knot around the loop, not back to the rope you pulled thru. Check the photos on Mesa's website.

OK I jumped on their site and I see the picture now. Thanks man! I did not know that, and I didn’t see anything in the box indicating the way it should be tied. Makes total sense now.
f0f1b51f503e32b90037d395cfc30af6.jpg

rayporter

WKR
i always keep a rope halter around cause they will fit which ever nag i catch. plus i keep one in the trailer in case somebody breaks a halter or has too big of a halter that slips over the head.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
i always keep a rope halter around cause they will fit which ever nag i catch. plus i keep one in the trailer in case somebody breaks a halter or has too big of a halter that slips over the head.

Yeah I didn’t think of that, they’re very adaptable to size

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
OK I jumped on their site and I see the picture now. Thanks man! I did not know that, and I didn’t see anything in the box indicating the way it should be tied. Makes total sense now.
f0f1b51f503e32b90037d395cfc30af6.jpg

Robby,

I will get someone to draw something out to send with the halters, I think that is a great idea. Also, I made a video on this subject but it is only on our YouTube channel, I will add it to our halter product page for folks. Thanks for the feedback!

-Dane

Also, for folks who would like to be more fashionable, we will be adding black, red, purple, and beige to our rope halter selection in about a week. They will also be 12 bucks for the time being.

I ordered a couple, my biggest concern was the size. How /who/what scale determined large vs normal? I don't know either so I ordered one of each. We shall see when they arrive.

Edit., checked my order status and I won't be receiving these in time to use this season. Keep an eye on the free gear thread.

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry about the sizing confusion, I thought that the sizing chart was viewable on the site, but it was not. It is now, again I apologize for that. If you need a refund for them just let me know.