Mesa Precision Altitude Tikka Stock Group Buy

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
6-8 weeks is what I was told by Chad over there. Mine is shipping right at 8 weeks, but I had them bed my CA Ridgeline into it...

Ram94

WKR
Yeah this is a little ridiculous. I’m at 14 weeks now and it hasn’t shipped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJL2

Lil-Rokslider
Any word on if they’ll do a straight comb at some point?

I had previously had an issue with my order for this stock which was evidenced by a proud tang (photos earlier on this thread). I contacted Mesa and they immediately said send it back at their cost to fix. I did and then received it back. They said the issue was caused by a 'dull tool' and there is now clearly additional inletting around both action screw pillars. It fits great the proud tang issue is resolved. Seems to fit great; barrel free floats, very little play when action screws are connected but loose, etc. The additional inletting they did is clear from the photos. I have not shot it.

My concern is the action screw pillars are now not concentrically even in height. I think the pillar is where the stock will contact the action and just want confirmation that a non-concentric rigid pillar is not a concern considering it is under 55inch/pounds of torque. please look at the photos to understand my concern. I sent them an email yesterday but haven't heard anything back, but they have had great customer service so far and have strong pride in their product. 30-06 if that affects opinion of force on this stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_2231.jpg
    IMG_2231.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2232.jpg
    IMG_2232.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_2235.jpg
    IMG_2235.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 110

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
I had previously had an issue with my order for this stock which was evidenced by a proud tang (photos earlier on this thread). I contacted Mesa and they immediately said send it back at their cost to fix. I did and then received it back. They said the issue was caused by a 'dull tool' and there is now clearly additional inletting around both action screw pillars. It fits great the proud tang issue is resolved. Seems to fit great; barrel free floats, very little play when action screws are connected but loose, etc. The additional inletting they did is clear from the photos. I have not shot it.

My concern is the action screw pillars are now not concentrically even in height. I think the pillar is where the stock will contact the action and just want confirmation that a non-concentric rigid pillar is not a concern considering it is under 55inch/pounds of torque. please look at the photos to understand my concern. I sent them an email yesterday but haven't heard anything back, but they have had great customer service so far and have strong pride in their product. 30-06 if that affects opinion of force on this stock.
When you say concentric, are you talking about the step on the surface where the pockets were machined out?

When you say concentric, are you talking about the step on the surface where the pockets were machined out?
I mean the pillar is now not the same height around the circumference of the top of the pillar where it contacts the action. Where the additional inletting removed pillar, now that deeper pillar portion will not contact the action. Is that a concern?

brisket

Lil-Rokslider
I mean the pillar is now not the same height around the circumference of the top of the pillar where it contacts the action. Where the additional inletting removed pillar, now that deeper pillar portion will not contact the action. Is that a concern?
I wouldn't be concerned. The purpose of the pillars is to combat stock compression from the action screws. At the torque values the rifle specs to there shouldnt be an issue. But, if it makes you feel better, you can bed the action. Most of the time bedding tightens groups up anyway

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider

No concern. Bed it if looking at it bothers you.

I think these are really solid stocks. My only complaint is that I still have to use a stock pack to get proper cheek weld. I had hoped the comb was higher than it is. Other than that personal fitment issue, great lightweight stock.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I was thinking the same thing but didn’t want to post it. Lol

yup, I don’t care how wel they are built, seems like they don’t all fit the actions they were intended for. No reason to be shy, if nobody says it, the company won’t fix it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I think these are really solid stocks. My only complaint is that I still have to use a stock pack to get proper cheek weld. I had hoped the comb was higher than it is. Other than that personal fitment issue, great lightweight stock.

Could have just put a stock pack on your plastic stock and had the same affect but more $$$.