Mesa Precision Arms Carbon Fiber Altitude Stock

Mlutz

Lil-Rokslider
View attachment 254512
Finished off my first season with the Altitude Stock on a late cow hunt. Did a lot of long range shooting over the summer, still hunted in timber, and hunted on open the prairie. Took down 4 big game critters with shots ranging from 100 yards to 500 yards. I can’t say enough great things about this stock. I’m debating putting another custom Tikka together with the same stock.
What color did you use on the action?

Has anyone put a Triad stock pack on the Altitude? If so, which one did you use and are you happy with the fit? Pics would be great.

I am considering the Triad to raise the comb for better alignment with my scope (NF NXS 2.5-10x42 in Hawkins low rings).

Thanks.

Triad worked great. I was just pissed to buy a carbon stock that I had to add weight to for function. I feel like the Rem700 adjustable cheekpiece MESA would be a great stock.

Triad worked great. I was just pissed to buy a carbon stock that I had to add weight to for function. I feel like the Rem700 adjustable cheekpiece MESA would be a great stock.

That's good to hear. Thank you. Did you buy the regular or large size? Any pics you can share?

ehayes

FNG
Anyone have the ability to measure the forend length from recoil lug to tip on a short action? Trying to figure how long an arca rail I'll need to get from SRS.
Did you end up adding an SRS Arca rail? I’m considering the Hunters Rail. If so, what are your thoughts and experience with the rail? Thanks

khuber84

WKR
Did you end up adding an SRS Arca rail? I’m considering the Hunters Rail. If so, what are your thoughts and experience with the rail? Thanks
20211123_084618.jpg
Yeah Ive installed the srs arca mini rail on a few rifles. Get a flat rail interface with a flat bottom stock. This arca rail is beveled for a contoured stock, when you tighten the mounting screws down, it'll decrease the arca width slightly due to the round bottom. This made my anvil loose on the arca rail. I took the rail to a vice and stretched it a bit and reinstalled. Firm grip with the anvil mount now. SRS now has the arca balance, I'd use that on a flat bottom stock like the mesa. Or use some form of spacer to take up the room between the mini arca rail round contour and your flat bottom stock surface.

Jusbert

FNG
Is there any possibility to get these Mesa stocks to Europe? There's a big gap for reasonably priced lightweight carbon/fiberglass stocks here.

I'm very happy with mine. The folks at MESA Precision Arms wrote (modified?) a new program for the Bergara B-14 HMR (Remington clone) stock it was replacing. With very little modification, on my part, (there was some pins in the way near the trigger housing) the barreled action dropped right in. There is a good 2 lb. drop in weight swapping the HMR stock out for the MESA stock. I really like the balance. Finish is excellent. The shot groups are at least as good, if not a bit better, than before swapping stocks.

The recoil pad is glued into place; excellent fit. With people being taller, shorter, long arms, short arms, I do wish there was a choice on recoil pad thickness to change the length of pull. This is my only (minor) suggestion.

View attachment 146604
How hard do you think it would be to remove that 1 inch recoil pad and replace it with a 1/2 inch pad?