Mesa Precision Arms Carbon Fiber Altitude Stock

raz175

FNG
I believe who I spoke to at AG said specifically that the ejection port and the bolt release would not line up right and would need some fitting/milling. Again, I am talking about drop in ready. They said it would ultimately work with gunsmith work.

I recently installed a Carbon All Terrain on a LA Ridgeline. Ejection port is fine. I had to do a minor notch for the bolt release. Definitely did not require me taking to a smith. Ordered with the HS Precision DBM bottom metal, and it fit fine. The CA bottom metal and box are generally a little smaller than a standard Remington.

Got off work this evening and there was a surprise waiting for me. Didn’t have much time to play with it. I did get my 6.5-06 ai installed. Pretty decent fit overall.
92051cd795b8ca070569132ed8aca1e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTSJ

Lil-Rokslider
I was torn between that one and the Jet Blast. Ended up getting a Jetblast at a deal so ended up going with that. Urs threaded 1/2-28? Also. Do u like the real thick grip on the stock? Mine came yesterday as well. I like it but man is it super beefy around the grip area. So much more than the factory stock.

I think it is either 1/2-28 or 9/16-32. Can't remember. I had it built years ago.

I agree. The grip is a lot thicker. I don't wrap my hand all the way around it. I cup the grip if that makes sense so its not bad. I haven't played with it much though since I was busy last night.

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Looks awesome boys! Now where the hell is mine? I ordered on the 3rd🤨

I just received mine.

So far, the Pluses:
It's beautiful
The recoil pad is a bit wider than on the factory stock
The texture is great, even on 'non' textured areas
The wide grip is nice for shooting
The length of pull fits me better (about 3/4" shorter than factory)
The comb design is perfect
Contrary to my first impression, the flat-finish paint over the carbon fiber seems very durable.
It's mostly a perfect drop-in installation (there's a tiny plastic pin in the factory bottom plastic which there's no hole for in the Mesa stock)

The Minuses:
My sample is a touch heavier than the factory stock (29.3 oz vs 28.0) but that's not necessarily a bad thing
The wide grip makes it a little more difficult to hold onto when carrying/maneuvering

Overall, my only complaint is the wide grip but I still think it's a keeper. Thanks for organizing the group buy, Eamyrick!

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
When did you place your order & do they ship ups or postal? I’m getting impatient!🤣

Fonkie

Lil-Rokslider
Well hell might have to check in with them next week. Anybody put one on their stock tikka & check accuracy results yet?

907to406

Lil-Rokslider
Mine showed up a early last week. First impression is really good, wish the paint wasn’t so patchy but overall a nice stock. Waiting for more parts before I bed and assemble

Attachments

• 5B5E724F-A786-4D80-8597-0126340A879F.jpeg
    5B5E724F-A786-4D80-8597-0126340A879F.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 247

Tbuckus

WKR
Have you guys that already have them just have stock barrels? Or did you use a custom contour?
Also, how is the recoil pad on it? Have a HS precision and hate it

Stock barrel on mine and the fit was great with the Mesa. It's a Pachmayer recoil pad and is noticeably wider than the one on the factory stock and I think it will reduce the felt recoil nicely.