Metal Buildings

BowTrout

FNG
I am looking at getting a metal building/ garage and I'm just not sure about what company to go with. There are so many companies to choose from! So who all has a metal building and do you have any recommendations?

Tod osier

WKR
I am looking at getting a metal building/ garage and I'm just not sure about what company to go with. There are so many companies to choose from! So who all has a metal building and do you have any recommendations?

I highly recommend Morton, depending on if they are an option in your area. We had them put up our 30x50 and they were great in all respects, design, lead time and quality. Great warranty and the building is still looking sharp at 10 years.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
We have an Astro barn. Survived with both end doors open in 90MPH winds that destroyed the roof on our detached garage and a few other things. Morton, Cleary, Lester, Astro - they all build a similar pole barn structure, each company with their own tweaks and related marketing. Not sure if any of them are available around you. There's also generally four or five state/regional builders that put up pole barns too, check with farm stores, building centers, etc.

WCB

WKR
I'd recommend Morton also if that is an option. My families business has done a lot of work commercialy with Morton and dad and father in law each have had Morton buildings put up. Aero issues, well organized constructin and straight forward.

jmez

WKR
Find a good contractor that puts up a lot of metal and have it built square and correctly. The parent company doesn't matter much. They all have their proprietary "secrets" that make their building the best ever. At the end of the project is is painted tin screwed to posts.

Right now your best bet is going to use sourced material from a lumberyard rather than a package. Package buildings are coming in 20% over sourcing.

OP
B

BowTrout

FNG
What part? because I just got a building put up on my farm there by a guy I would highly highly recommend, but he will only travel so far. His prices were incredible and the work was top notch.
Augusta County

drmatara

FNG
I'd recommend Morton, if that's an option. It's depending on your area. A friend of mine that deals in buildings told me they are great in all respects, design and quality.

Gamblin

FNG
I’m glad I went red iron as well so you can use rafters as a pulley point.

grfox92

WKR
A metal barn is a metal barn. Like mentioned above have a contactor do the work. Do not hire Cleary or Morton or any prefab building company, nothing comes out square or level. Trust me I've worked on many of them.

They are not very hard to build at all and you should get a good price from an experienced contractor.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk