Mexico 2021

Got two down so far in Mexico this year. Going back in a week or so to see if I can get another.

Absolutely love hunting down in Mexico especially for Coues.

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Got two down so far in Mexico this year. Going back in a week or so to see if I can get another.

Absolutely love hunting down in Mexico especially for Coues.
Congrats on the two down and good luck on the next trip! I've already booked my return in 2022.

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome job congratulations! Good looking Coues! How was the trip?
Thanks ffgoss. Fantastic trip with one coues and one muley for me. Several javelinas took dirt naps and my buddy got a super wide Sonora mule deer. Already counting down the days until our 2022 trip.

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds awesome! Who did you go through?
Diamond Outfitters - Borderland Adventures (Dan Adler and Matt Woodward). Fantastic lodging, great food and the easiest border crossing I have experienced to date. 180,000 acres, no high fences and lots of opportunity. I have been with other big named outfitters into Mexico but this was the best overall experience I have had. Coyote and javelina opportunity too. I didn't see any coatis this time but I do hear they have some.

That is nothing short of an absolute dandy coues deer; congratulations!
I need to get my butt back Down there.

Diamond Outfitters - Borderland Adventures (Dan Adler and Matt Woodward). Fantastic lodging, great food and the easiest border crossing I have experienced to date. 180,000 acres, no high fences and lots of opportunity. I have been with other big named outfitters into Mexico but this was the best overall experience I have had. Coyote and javelina opportunity too. I didn't see any coatis this time but I do hear they have some.
Dan is a great guy.

Fantastic buck! How wide is he and what are his main beam measurements?

Any idea how many Coues deer you saw in a typical day of hunting? Mostly glassing I assume?

I just returned from Mexico and we had an incredible bow hunt for Coues. I love it down there.

Again, great buck!

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Fantastic buck! How wide is he and what are his main beam measurements?

Any idea how many Coues deer you saw in a typical day of hunting? Mostly glassing I assume?

I just returned from Mexico and we had an incredible bow hunt for Coues. I love it down there.

Again, great buck!
Thanks! He is 16" wide for a total score of exactly 110"
We saw 8 to 20 bucks a day - 180,000 acres (barb wire fence, no high fence). This guy was raking an ocotillo when he got shot. He had just chased a smaller buck off and had a doe locked down.
I haven't bow hunted coues in Mexico, just in AZ. Who were you down there with?

Scorpion

WKR
Awesome Coues! Did you fly into Hermosillo or do the border crossing? We canceled our annual semi DIY drop camp trip to Sonora due to concerns over traveling the land border.

OP
ttmannan

ttmannan

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome Coues! Did you fly into Hermosillo or do the border crossing? We canceled our annual semi DIY drop camp trip to Sonora due to concerns over traveling the land border.
Thank you! We drove in through Sasabe. Last year we drove in through Aqua Prieta. No issues with weapons permits, no issues with hides. No issues with traveling the land border. There was definitely a lot of "activity" on the south side of the fence but nothing to be concerned about. I live near Albuquerque and my office is in Albuquerque. I feel safer in Sonora than I do leaving my office at night.