Michigan Black Bear

holzgene

FNG
My fiancé was able to fill her tag this year on her first ever bear hunt. It was a blast. We both had never even seen a bear until this hunt. Can’t wait to eat some bear meat!

Attachments

• 549CC4CA-8A0D-46C5-A0F7-AA6F6BF4F4B8.jpeg
    549CC4CA-8A0D-46C5-A0F7-AA6F6BF4F4B8.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 84

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Congratulations! Our bears are eating fruits, nuts, mushrooms, etc. You will not have better. I killed a nice boar on Drummond Island a few years back. The pot roast I made in the Dutch Oven was one of the top 5 meals I’ve had and I’ve traveled all over the world. Season up the inner loins with salt/pepper/garlic and sauté those medallions in butter and you will be very happy.

OP
holzgene

holzgene

FNG
Congratulations! Our bears are eating fruits, nuts, mushrooms, etc. You will not have better. I killed a nice boar on Drummond Island a few years back. The pot roast I made in the Dutch Oven was one of the top 5 meals I’ve had and I’ve traveled all over the world. Season up the inner loins with salt/pepper/garlic and sauté those medallions in butter and you will be very happy.
Oh man now I'm even more excited.

That's a great bear congratulations! One of our group killed one this year. The first roast the other night was delicious; especially after he tore up 4 of the dogs that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Congrats, I’m building points to draw a 1st season tag in the UP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk