Michigan early season with kids, feedback needed please

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
Brings back lots of good memories. I used to take all three of mine at once, as early as 5 years old.
-For treestands, I had a double ladder, single ladder on the back side of the tree, and I would sit in a hang on to referee between the two stands.
-My kids loved wearing a my old camo. -Put face paint on them two they always liked that.
-Binoculars are a big one too.
-My kids have never known any other way then getting up and down trees with harnesses and lifelines. Once you start them they get good at getting up and down.
-Paint the top of the ladder steps a light color so they can see them descending in the dark.
-Make sure they all have headlamps, kids like that too.
-When your hiking have them get used to using walking sticks. When you take them out west they’ll be all set.
-Make sure to always be ready with tons of snacks!!!! And if it’s chilly a thermos of hot chocolate keeps them wanting to come back.
-remeber it’s all about them!!! Seeing deer is a bonus.

I am very blessed that all three of my kids love to hunt, and I believe a lot of how I did things when they were young had somthin to do with it.

OP
Oakman

Oakman

Lil-Rokslider
Brings back lots of good memories. I used to take all three of mine at once, as early as 5 years old.
-For treestands, I had a double ladder, single ladder on the back side of the tree, and I would sit in a hang on to referee between the two stands.
-My kids loved wearing a my old camo. -Put face paint on them two they always liked that.
-Binoculars are a big one too.
-My kids have never known any other way then getting up and down trees with harnesses and lifelines. Once you start them they get good at getting up and down.
-Paint the top of the ladder steps a light color so they can see them descending in the dark.
-Make sure they all have headlamps, kids like that too.
-When your hiking have them get used to using walking sticks. When you take them out west they’ll be all set.
-Make sure to always be ready with tons of snacks!!!! And if it’s chilly a thermos of hot chocolate keeps them wanting to come back.
-remeber it’s all about them!!! Seeing deer is a bonus.

I am very blessed that all three of my kids love to hunt, and I believe a lot of how I did things when they were young had somthin to do with it.
That’s so heartwarming, every time we go out in the woods, they try to lead and part of me wants to take the lead but when I see how excited they are, I just keep silent.
they listen and follow instructions very well.
it’s funny how we were doing great once in the woods and one of them spotted a doe, he started screaming out of joy: I see a deer there , it’s there” and by the time we looked, it was gone.

we will try the tree stand, and sure will try to remember and follow all the recommendations from everyone. I am more excited now

WI Shedhead

Lil-Rokslider
One last thing I don’t regret. I had a pretty good yearly string of p&y bucks and multiple does killed with my bow. I’ve had a 10 year dry spell. Not because I am jinxed , but because I have put them in the best spots for the last 10 years and lots of times didn’t hunt if we didn’t have enough spots for the winds. My kids have laid Down a lot of deer in that time and I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have proficient young hunters and the best partners ever.
Btw- I got back on the killing path last year with a 140 iowa deer

KRA-Z

FNG
Permethrin is great on mosquitos. I’ve had good luck with budget camo at both Meijer and TSC, though not as much as you get into hunting season. They seem to be pretty picked through by opening day of rifle season.
I just looked up on TSC website and found Repel Permethrin, it’s in an aerosol can, so no mixing.... states also really good for tics per the reviews.

this is good info and something new I’m going to try, the directions are to treat clothing and gear, not skin, but toxic to cats..