Mid-Day Rut Movement

DComer_55

Lil-Rokslider
I you have to consider location when considering the time to hunt.

IMO mid day activity will be witnessed in and around doe bedding or along travel routes between doe bedding.

Evening is the best time for me but most of my spots are a hour plus drive so I dont hunt the mornings too much. I normally hit the woods at 11 AM scout my way in and setup when I see some fresh sign. Normally all my action is the final 20 mins before dark. During the rut I will hunt the morning move around lunch and maybe setup diffrent tree depending on the wind or thermals.

Reload1

FNG
This is my sixth year hunting public land been hunting for about 30yrs and never hunted mid day till last year. The quality of bucks that I have seen mid day has went up alot. I would say if you are not seeing mature deer in the spots you are hunting in mid day I would try moving locations just a little it may help. I can say the first sets I was not seeing anything till I had to step back and take a different look at my terrain.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
It all depends where in N America, the pressure, the total number of deer and at times the moon position. This isn’t a single answer is right based on area, the specifics and the year. Can be great and can be bust. Study the deer all the time and they’ll show you, internet scholars speak their experiences as empirical but aren’t in your stands or boots.