mid-weight pants

Wilderness Spirit

Lil-Rokslider
I have to go with the Kuiu Attack pants. These were great on todays hike. Started out in the mid 40's and finished in the mid 50's.
The cargo pockets could be a little bigger but otherwise they are great . I like the fit. I bought them in my normal size and they fit great. The hip vents are a big plus. Definitely going to order another pair.

Kostrize

WKR
The Kutanas fit what you’re looking for very well IMO. They’re lighter, more durable, and more versatile temperature wise than the attacks. If the timberlines are a cold weather pant for you, the attacks with their brushed backing may be too warm for a midweight pant

I’m very happy with my lightweight pants, Sitka Ascent and also very happy with my late season pants- Sitka Timberline. I’m looking for a mid-weight pants in between.

I thought the Mountain pant would be a logical choice, but looking at the specs they are only an ounce lighter than the Timberline’s.

Doesn’t have to be Sitka, just a quality, durable mid-weight pant AND with two decent sized cargo pockets.

Thanks
Kuiu attacks for sure. I wear solid colored kuiu pants and then my favorite tops on camo (first lite base, Sitka and first lite mods, and kuiu outer). The kuiu pants are by far my favorite for mid and late season. Those Sitka ascents are killer early season pants though.

OP
mtwarden

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Kutanas fit what you’re looking for very well IMO. They’re lighter, more durable, and more versatile temperature wise than the attacks. If the timberlines are a cold weather pant for you, the attacks with their brushed backing may be too warm for a midweight pant

ahh- didn't realize they were brushed backed, the Timberlines are as well which definitely helps as a cold weather pant

I do like the idea of a venting zipper in a mid-weight pant as sometimes it can be quite cool mid-season, but can also warm up a fair bit

how is the sizing on the Attacks? Just looking at the picture of them, does the waist sit low? I prefer a slightly higher waist (tend to stay up better)
Hope you don't consider this hijacking. If so, let me know and I'll delete it with apologies.

Agreed, venting zips are great, but the first manufacturer that offers a quality durable pant with full length zippers to the hip, in light and medium weights, gets my money. No matter what I wear, I always have a light pair of BDUs underneath, and want the ability to shed and add back the outer pants without removing my boots.

Hope you don't consider this hijacking. If so, let me know and I'll delete it with apologies.

Agreed, venting zips are great, but the first manufacturer that offers a quality durable pant with full length zippers to the hip, in light and medium weights, gets my money. No matter what I wear, I always have a light pair of BDUs underneath, and want the ability to shed and add back the outer pants without removing my boots.
That’s why I only wear zip-off bottoms. Same idea just backwards I guess. Super nice being able to shed the bottom layer without taking my boots off.

sneaky

WKR
Keb trousers from Fjallraven will be my next pair of pants. Check all the boxes for a pant I wanna try. Solid colors I get way more use out of.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

XMP

FNG
I like the Ascents and Timberlines on the two ends of the spectrum, but I keep coming back to the FL Corrugates in the middle. They seem to fit the best and provide that Goldilocks in the middle comfort for me.