Mid Weight Pants

Looking to get a pair of pants one step up in warmth from the Sitka Ascents.
Maybe the Sitka 90%, something from Kuiu or Kryptek?

It will be for hunts from Oct to mid Dec. Elevation 6000 to 10,000+. Snow will be encountered. Typical hunt is hike up steep stuff, glass and then stalk.

So something to not bake legs on hike in and not freeze butt off when glassing. Do they make such a beast?

What recommendations do you guys/gals have?

Thanks!

Yukondog

WKR
I believe the 2013 line of gear that KUIU is offering are going to have zipper vents on both there Attack pants and Guide pants. Sounds like the heavier Guide pant with zips would fit the bill perfect for you. Open the zips on the why up to dump all the heat as you climb and then close them up once you are at your glassing location. Check them out.

Matt

OP
M
The problem I have with layering (and maybe you can give me some pointers) is you wear some merino wool or whatever underneath your pants. So I hike up sans baselayer and then try to put it on in sometimes waist deep snow. By the time I've taken off boots, gaiters and completed the change I'm usually wet and colder then I would have been without the baselayer it seems.
Is there something I could put over my outerwear pants? Like a set of rain pants - really don't care for this as makes me pretty loud.
Thanks

im in a similar situation and for the old weather base layer and ascent pants seem the right weight while moving and ive been looking at a puffy pant to go over top quikly. if they made a kelvin light pant id be on it, looked at mountain hardwear compressor but i didnt really like them, looking at these http://www.outdoorresearch.com/en/or-gear/pants/mens-neoplume-pants.html
now to wear while glassing, slip out of before going again...