Midlayer question

Lowg08

WKR
I’m looking to add a heavier mid layer but I’m stuck. I now wear a Klamath over a fuse or kiln base. I follow that with ( in full coldest day) uncompahgre vest, brooks down or chamberlain then a gortex rain shell. I only back pack hunt from basically the last week of September 80* to Jan 1 lowest has been 9*. I want to be mindful of pack space. The Sitka gradient is nice but too bulky. I have narrowed it down to a peleton 240 full zip or a insulated snap shirt. Any advice is welcome and thanks ahead

Insulated snap shirt from Kuiu is a nice option that won't take up much space or weight. I wear one for casual use and like it for layering if you size it right. I don't have a peleton 240 jacket, but have the vest. I think the peleton would win in wind protection, but warmth might be a toss up.

I had this dilemma earlier this year and ended up getting the StongFleece 280. It'll be my go-to midlayer or my outerlayer depending on temps. Although it has a hood so it's not for everyone.

Last edited:

WRM

WKR
Check out the Buffalo range (made in England). Old school, but man it works. I have several pieces. If you look and have questions, PM me if you want. It's my go to. I have virtually nothing else.

bozeman

WKR
Check out the Buffalo range (made in England). Old school, but man it works. I have several pieces. If you look and have questions, PM me if you want. It's my go to. I have virtually nothing else.

Which online vendor did you buy from? Also, is sizing appropriate?

WRM

WKR
I'd have to look now as it's been a while. I think a couple of different ones. I'll try to find all the info on that and update. One is

Also get the Thermadry possum fur gloves. Thank me later.

Sizing is pretty true. They are very helpful at Buffalo and reviews on their site can help with sizing too.

WRM

WKR

This is the other site I ordered Buffalo from​

lansdaleltd.com​

Hondo

WKR
Since you already have insulated vests I would go with the Peloton 240 over the insulated snap shirt. It is warmer than the Klamath and provides protection from the wind. It won't pack as well as the snap shirt though.

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
Thanks guys. I’m pretty sure I’ll go with the peleton. It can also be an outer layer too

OP
Lowg08

Lowg08

WKR
I ended up grabbing a 260 strong fleece on the founders day sale. Thanks guys