Midway USA Review

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I just received an order of reloading supplies from Midway USA that arrived with a broken ammo reloading tray and broken ammo box.

A quick call to their customer service line and ten minutes on hold due to call volume and a nice lady name Nautica answered. She pulled up my order and agreed to send out replacements with no questions asked or requiring me to send back the broken items. And, she is sending me two ammo boxes and three loading trays which is more than I ordered in the first place.

Midway USA will be the first place I look when I need shooting supplies in the future.

22lr

WKR
They have been incredibly for me. Also, they have a ton of stuff other than reloading. If I'm ever looking to buy outdoors stuff from Amazon, I give Midway a look. They frequently beat Amazon prices, and its not too hard to get free shipping (although Alaskan get to pay a surcharge).

Also, my last 3 orders have shipped same day, with 1 of my last 3 being shipped within 2hrs of ordering.

I agree they have been great but I don’t like them taking advantage of the short supply/increased demand of ammunition. Many cartridges they are now charging over twice the regular retail price for. I don’t mind a small inflation price given the current situation but price gouging leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Honestly can’t say I have ever had a bad experience with them. They usually ship same day and the only mix up I have had has been corrected quickly and efficiently. One of the best outfits in the business IMO.

Lawnboi

WKR
Glad they took care of you. Why they don’t properly package their stuff blows my mind. If it fits in a bubble mailer they will throw it in there! No matter how heavy or how valuable.

PADave

FNG
Kudos are also due to Potterfields and their established MidwayUSA endowment foundation. I am coach of a high school trapshooting team. Tuesday was givingtuesday2020. They matched all donations submitted to our team's account. Great folks, great mail order company and great support to keep the shooting sports alive!

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
Glad they took care of you. Why they don’t properly package their stuff blows my mind. If it fits in a bubble mailer they will throw it in there! No matter how heavy or how valuable.
If the shipping companies didn't throw stuff around it more than likely would not be an issue. Ever see how they handle stuff, especially this time of year?

Lawnboi

WKR
If the shipping companies didn't throw stuff around it more than likely would not be an issue. Ever see how they handle stuff, especially this time of year?
I used to work for one of them in college. So I know. It’s not the employees for the most part but the conveyers and stops that damage packages. Along with huge heavy chunks of shit. Imagine a nice nightforce scope coming down the conveyer chute, and right after a 140 pound chunk of metal with a label slapped on. If a package can’t handle a drop or a toss, it wasn’t packaged correctly. At least that’s what I figure when I package something to ship.

Last edited:

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
For the most part I can’t think of a bad interaction I’ve ever had with midway.... or the gun industry as a whole. Brownells is amazing, MDT sends me holiday cards for some mags I bought two years ago, Browning, Vortex (lots of warranties cough cough), do an amazing job. Good people stay at good companies and with that comes success and the gun industry is an awesome example of that.

I would however avoid buying plates from AR500.com

archp625

WKR
They are good to go. I’m glad they treated you right. I’m lucky I can make an order and my brother can pick it up then bring it to me when he is in town.

fishslap

WKR
Midway ships fast, good prices, big selection. Last year I ordered three boxes of 260 rem ammo and they sent ten 500 round boxes of Remington thunderbolt 22lr. They told me to keep it all then sent my 260 rem AND credited me for the original order.

brownells seems like a good company also

RMajors

Lil-Rokslider
Midway ships fast, good prices, big selection. Last year I ordered three boxes of 260 rem ammo and they sent ten 500 round boxes of Remington thunderbolt 22lr. They told me to keep it all then sent my 260 rem AND credited me for the original order.

brownells seems like a good company also
Midway is always the first place I check for almost anything I need related to shooting or hunting, and recently fishing. They always seem to have the best prices on Leupold scopes too. They're almost always within a few dollars of the cheapest prices you can find online, and they ship faster than anyone with great customer support. Brownells is also a great company, their lifetime satisfaction guarantee is hard to argue with. Their shipping is a little bit slower, and their physical location is farther from me, so I tend to use midway more.

sndmn11

WKR
I had an order about two years ago for some 12 gauge parts. One part didn't fit, and a closer inspection found that the Midway item sticker calling it 12ga was placed over another Midway sticker properly calling it 20ga. A call to Midway and they told me to contact the part manufacturer directly because "they didn't send a faulty or broken part" since the incorrect part they sent was presumably 100% functional. I ended up disputing the charge with my card company.

So, it's not all rainbows and butterflies with Midway.

They have been good to me. Order a gun case that never showed up. Called and then sent one without any questions asked

Some of you may not remember, but not so many years ago, Midway got a pretty bad rap from the shooting community over their outrageous shipping charges. It got bad enough/loud enough that folks at Midway took notice and even posted some responses on a particular shooting website. Shipping charges got a lot more reasonable and appropriate for the item being shipped after that. I recall one instance I had with them in particular around 2012-2013. It was a Black Friday special on an item. The item itself cost $49.00. The shipping charge on it (back then) was $29.00.

I’ve not ordered anything from them in a long time. Mainly because I’m fortunate enough to have friends in the shooting industry that I can get pretty much anything I need from. But, I wouldn’t hesitate to place an order with them if they had something I needed.

rclouse79

WKR
The saved me over 30% off the next lowest price on my last pair of quality binos. I am a fan.