Midwest rut dates

Elktaco

Lil-Rokslider
What's everyone's favorite date or dates for the Midwest whitetail rut?

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Almost always November 1st in northwest Wisconsin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baz77

WKR
November 5th through about 15h...personally I try to be in the tree every chance I can from about the world series to thanksgiving.

Donjuan

WKR
Hard to say....where at? Here in Kansas give me the weekend before Thanksgiving and a cold front

WCB

WKR
MN...Last week of OCT to gun opener which is usually like the 7th, 9th of NOV. If we get a cold snap Oct. 25th on it gets fun. But that first week of Nov. they are just moving. I don't have an exact date but that 's the range anyways.

tinesup

FNG
Nov 7th killed three 150" plus buck the last three years all on the same day and all on different farms

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
I enjoy bow hunting the days around Halloween up to the firearm season in MN. Almost always have good activity during that time. With that said, the last two years I filled my tag on nov 14th.

Rich M

WKR
Back when I researched it, most guys hunt Nov 1-15 and the guys who want the biggest of the big tend to hunt from like Nov 18-Thanksgiving, won't see as much but they say some real bruisers cruising for late does.

I have the week of November 8th off this year. My birthday is November 14, and I've taken some great deer between Halloween and then. My biggest harvest came on November 13, 2016 and the biggest deer I've ever seen on hoof was November 13th of last year.

This is in Southern Illinois.

bowhuntrben

Lil-Rokslider
In southeast MN, I’ve always experienced the most activity during the first gun season which starts 2 weeks before Thanksgiving week. The week before can often be good too but not as dependable in my experience. Weather can get things moving faster if you get extreme cold/snow early. Deer will keep moving pretty good all through November, but I’d say that’s when I see the most.

STL

FNG
Anytime last week of October through Thanksgiving, but November 3-12 is what I would pick.

dtrkyman

WKR
First good front starting around Oct. 25th. And then anytime you can be in the woods until Dec.

I hunt the entire month of November in various states in the northeast to as far west as kansas.
IMO the weather means more to me than the date. That being said my best bucks have been killed from about the 7th till the 19th of november.