Migration Maps

TheCougar

WKR
I’m looking for resources showing mule deer migrations and collar data. I’ve got all three Ungulate Studies, but I’m looking for western Idaho and haven’t found anything for that area. Are there any other resources that I might find more data for the area I need? Thanks

@robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t know either. Try Toby Boudreau, the deer/elk coordinator for Idaho. I think he’s in the Boise office. Good luck!

There is a little bit in these studies: The University of Wyoming pdf is huge. You will have to copy the link and paste in your browser.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://collaboration.idfg.idaho.gov/WildlifeTechnicalReports/F19AF00856%20Statewide%20Wildlife%20Research%20Final%20Report%20FY20.pdf

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://pubs.usgs.gov/sir/2022/5088/sir20225088.pdf

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
@TheCougar with the tag you have you won't be any better off with some migration map. It's a simple matter of glassing and moving until you're into them, you'll know right away if you're in the right places or not.
I appreciate it, and that’s good to know. If I can make it, I’ll be extremely strapped for time, so I am trying what I can now to get into the “right areas” as soon as I arrive. I still haven’t been able to get any November vacation. Face smack emoji.

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
I did find the migration maps for the NM youth hunts, so that’s awesome. I’ve got a place to start there!

MRC

FNG
Sorry about that.It has all the other western states but no Idaho information.

Sorry about that.It has all the other western states but no Idaho information.
There are a couple of migration maps embedded in the links in the third version. I'm pretty sure that Idaho participated with UW, but for some reason, they are hoarding those maps. The prior director of IFG wasn't real forthcoming with info to the public.

There are a couple of migration maps embedded in the links in the third version. I'm pretty sure that Idaho participated with UW, but for some reason, they are hoarding those maps. The prior director of IFG wasn't real forthcoming with info to the public.

There are lots of Idaho ones in both of the first 2. Hadn’t seen the 3rd one yet. IDFG probably didn’t study owyhee deer because there are so few left and the ones that are left live in ranchers fields all year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TheCougar

TheCougar

WKR
There are lots of Idaho ones in both of the first 2. Hadn’t seen the 3rd one yet. IDFG probably didn’t study owyhee deer because there are so few left and the ones that are left live in ranchers fields all year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boy, I sure don’t want to hear that…