Super Moderator
Staff member
I have Patagonia Level 4 windshirt that is used frequently

Patagonia Level 5 soft-shell pants that also sees a lot of use

not as much use, but Patagonia Level 6 Goretex pants

you used to be able to get this stuff pretty darn cheap, no longer :(

*zap*

WKR
3 pair of acu level 5 pants and two jackets, one levell 4 wind jacket in acu......all those are light and very good for what they do. Excellent over down jackets/pants and I have one L5 pant sized for over the L7 puffy pant.

If I take my WM light down jacket & pant I want a shell for over them so they do not get damp/wet and protect them form wear and dirt. The L5 stuff is very light and packable. The L4 wind jacket is awesome for a windbreraker......no hood thou and acu....so no cool factor.,

*zap*

WKR
Getting ready for a short night ruck and my lwol jacket always gets the nod for that....30° and with just an old midweight top on under it it works just fine.

IMG_5564.JPG

L7 puffy pant with a L5 softshell over them, that stays just like that and just put on and go.....too hot to ruck in thou...

IMG_5566.JPG

OP
22lr

22lr

WKR
I have Patagonia Level 4 windshirt that is used frequently

Patagonia Level 5 soft-shell pants that also sees a lot of use

not as much use, but Patagonia Level 6 Goretex pants

you used to be able to get this stuff pretty darn cheap, no longer :(

The internet killed alot of good values and good mom and pop surplus stores. Most surplus stores are now regulated to the knock off tru-spec garbage... its getting harder to find anything out there anymore. The Classified apps have always been the winner for me. Shoot, I buy most of my uniform items that way... can save 50% off retail if you dont mind cutting off a few name tags yourself.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
I remember when I first found out that Patagonia, Outdoor Research, Arcteryx, etc was making military spec stuff- was pretty exciting for a little while :D

Aries_Ranger

Lil-Rokslider
ECWCS GEN II and III are Legit. OCP and the Navy AOR 2 are the go to for camo. OCP = Multicam and AOR 2 = Green Digital. Ebay and Surplus Stores near bases/Posts are your best bet.

Grid Fleece - Lvl 2
Fleece Lvl 3
Windshirt Lvl 4
Soft Shell Lvl 5
Goretex Raingear Lvl 6
Puffy Cold Layers Lvl 7

Keep your eyes out as OR and Patagonia still make a lot of stuff for SOF that comes up for sale. Beyond Tactical, and Wild Things are 2 other high end makers.

Last edited:

Edan

FNG
great info. any leads on an affordable sleeping system? I have always wanted one but cant seem to find all together for anything less than $500.