Milestone...

bowuntr

WKR
For me anyways.... I've been bowhunting coyotes for a long time and on Friday I called in and killed my 30th coyote. I live in an area that has a lot of coyotes and over the years I've perfected a technique of calling them in close, on the ground and getting shots off.

I hadn't hunted my stands in a while so I knew I'd get some action. I ended up calling in six in four stands... killed one and missed another. On my second setup I called in four young dogs. The first one ran past me at 10 yards and caught me swinging on her. She ran up the hill and stopped at 25 yards. Mistake.... Perfect shot and dropped her right there... It was a good morning.... I save all the hides and am making a blanket for my wife. Ed F

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
Make that 31....

Called this one in to 20 yards and put the Muzzy low and tight behind the shoulder.... Nice adult male with a very nice coat. I should of had a triple but couldn't put it together.... everything has to be perfect to get that string back. Back to deer hunting tomorrow. Ed F

Attachments

• Coyote 10-24-12 #31 006 1.jpg
    Coyote 10-24-12 #31 006 1.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 82

Mckinnon

WKR
Wow, way to get it done! I have always wanted to try coyote hunting but never have. You are pushing me along though. Seems like it would be a good excuse for me to slip out of Reno and take a "study break"! Nice job!

BigSurArcher

Banned
Way to go Ed! Because of this thread, I took my bow rather than my .223 out yesterday. Called in a bobcat, but didn't attempt a shot. Thanks for the motivation.

Nice Ed. Pretty sure he told me over at Bowsite that he uses the electronic call draws as early as possible (of course). I hear them near my place about once a month, they leave and come back for 2 days...repeat...repeat. Across from me is private land sooooo

Last edited:
OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
I use a hand call to get them coming. When I see them coming I turn on a small e call that I have hidden in a bush at 15-20 yards. This takes the focus off me and they key in on the hidden e call. Then with a whole lotta luck I can get my bow drawn back and get a shot off. I have never used a decoy. Ed F