Military deals

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Does any pack company run military deals for veterans?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jeffy408

FNG
I asked a bunch of companies if they did and most only do a 10% off which isn't bad. The biggest one I know of is Tactical Tailor but that is more Military Alice Rucks than a backpackers pack for hunting game. I ended up going with an Exo Mountain, they offered a 10% off and I love the 3500 w/ K2

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mproberts

WKR
Most of the companies offer a military discount... I know for a fact that SG, EXO, KUIU, Kifaru, Seek, Eberlestock and Sitka all do. Most are in the 10-15% range, Sitka is in the 40% range if you contact them directly an provide your DD 214. Mystery Ranch does not to my knowledge, which is a bit surprising considering the military has historically bought a lot of their packs, although I know some of that business now is going to SG.

Ntgm37

Lil-Rokslider
No mystery ranch will NOT. I have contacted directly and they politely told me to go F-myself because they have a nice fat military contract that precludes them from offering a military discount to actual service members. I honestly couldn't stomach a company that will profiteer from the bloated government contract system and then refuse to offer anything back to those that sacrifice for said profit. Dont get me wrong, by no means am I looking for a hand out but these greedy capitalists who claim to be small business and then rake it in while using us as marketing tools should be ashamed...and I'm from Bozeman. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox. I called Steve at Exo and he took care of me with an extreme sense of customer service and appreciation for the armed forces.

You lost me at "capitalists". Its what drives our country.

Anyhow, solid info here, I never thought to ask. That sitka deal tho..

netman

WKR
I just retired as a LEO and back a couple months ago I ordered a SO Saker. I mentioned I was LEO and was told I would get a discount. No discount was given.
I don’t care but just wanted to say to the Military/LEO guys just because they say it don’t mean the will do it.
No kick to SO as I like my pack discount or not.

Rak320

FNG
Steve at EXO responded within hours to my request for a service member discount. Awesome folks at EXO, so much so I'm considering buying a 3500 just because I'm deployed and he will ship it.

Grant

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
Badlands offers a great discount on packs and apparel, 50% I think. Not my choice for extended hunts, but they have some solid day packs and good customer service.

frankrb3

WKR
No mystery ranch will NOT. I have contacted directly and they politely told me to go F-myself because they have a nice fat military contract that precludes them from offering a military discount to actual service members. I honestly couldn't stomach a company that will profiteer from the bloated government contract system and then refuse to offer anything back to those that sacrifice for said profit. Dont get me wrong, by no means am I looking for a hand out but these greedy companies who claim to be small business and then rake it in while using us as marketing tools should be ashamed...and I'm from Bozeman. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox. I called Steve at Exo and he took care of me with an extreme sense of customer service and appreciation for the armed forces.

Yup, Mystery ranch told me the same thing. Once they went overseas with their production for everything but fire and military products I switched to stone glacier. The guys at SG are awesome, the packs are awesome and they give me %20 off of anything i buy from them. I’m also from Bozeman.

Jon Boy

WKR
Yup, Mystery ranch told me the same thing. Once they went overseas with their production for everything but fire and military products I switched to stone glacier. The guys at SG are awesome, the packs are awesome and they give me %20 off of anything i buy from them. I’m also from Bozeman.
I'm glad stone glacier got a bunch of MR business when they went over seas and stopped selling bags only. What shit. Still laugh at all the Bozeman blowhards telling me how great there none load lifting boat anchors are

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dadnstuff

Lil-Rokslider
Also, if you sign up for a experticity.com (formerly promotive.com) account you can have access to a variety of outdoor brands. Eberlestock packs offer 25% discount on there. Perhaps the best is Vortex, who offers 40% discount. I know it applies to veterans, federal employees, and military contractors. Not sure about LEO/Fire/Med.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
It seems this is going off the rails. I've cleaned up a little and will close it if someone tries to derail this again.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ranger185

FNG
Thanks Jsk. I was hoping that would happen sooner rather than later.

I can vouch for expertcity. Great deals for mil/LEO. May not be the exact gear you're looking for, but if you were mil, you're used to that :) I know I am lol