Military Discounts

B Brown

FNG
I know someone already posted but LEOAdventures.Com is great. I order lotsof gear over the last year from them and it was a great transaction. Well worth the $25 to join.

Bmcox86

WKR
Kuiu does have a discount, you have to have your account added and it takes off a discount when you see pricing.

EXO gives a military discount, atleast they did when I bough my pack.

Yeti has military program also

AZinAK

FNG
Anyone know if Hilleberg does? I know they have a Pro Deal, but didn't know if we (military) qualify.

choovhntr

WKR
Outdoor pro link. Has about 80 brands with around 20 percent off. Hilleberg is in there along with jet boil msr and some other good ones. Thermarest is in there also

kodiakfly

WKR
Kifaru, seek outside, enlightened equipment. But the amount varies. 10% seems like the norm. Would be nice to see bigger Discounts though.

I emailed Kifaru and they replied that their discount only applies if you're in a combat zone, or something to that effect. It wasn't for all military.

kodiakfly

WKR
Garmin has one too, but it's kinda funny how it works. Used to be, it was direct through them. Now it's through a third party agent. I've not used it since it's gone third party, but I think it's still like 40%.

Chevy does $500 on a new vehicle.

Might have already been listed. Found out this weekend that Fire/EMS gets 5% off at Cabela's. At least at the Prairie du Chein, WI one.

KHNC

WKR
I emailed Kifaru and they replied that their discount only applies if you're in a combat zone, or something to that effect. It wasn't for all military.

While I appreciate the fact they do a discount for mil, that's a pretty shitty way to do it. Not all the military is in a combat zone. Does not make them less important for support.

whitingja

WKR
If that's true about kifaru then they need to change that! Especially when all competitors honors all military, active, reserve, retired.

kodiakfly

WKR
While I appreciate the fact they do a discount for mil, that's a pretty shitty way to do it. Not all the military is in a combat zone. Does not make them less important for support.

I just took it as they want to help out the guys kicking in doors get their essential gear.

I don't "need" a discount for a an EMRII, Duplex, pockets, Grab-It, etc for hunting in my free time.

Simple solution. Don't purchase anything from them. Plenty of other companies that feel all of us military are a vital asset

KHNC

WKR
Neither do I . I don't proactively look for mil discounts either. Nor have i ever purchased Kifaru gear. Doesn't change my opinion as I stated tho.

kodiakfly

WKR
If that's true about kifaru then they need to change that! Especially when all competitors honors all military, active, reserve, retired.

Let me first say, I'm active duty.

Then let me say that no one owes us anything. We're all paid volunteers. Discounts are awesome and I've sure bought a lot of gear on military discount, but if a company doesn't have a military discount, that's their choice. You can't fault Kifaru for that. Aaron was AD, and I think Joe was too. They appreciate us.

And I'm certainly not saying you whitingja, but I know I've seen discounts be abused (that's a huge reason I'm a member at leoadventures, is I can legally buy for my Wife) and have even seen guys "boycott" companies or restaurants that don't offer them. Kifaru doesn't offer a stateside discount, I'm fine with that. I'm putting together an order in my cart right now and I'll pay full price for it for it's quality and CS.

Not trying to start a fight. Just saying a military discount is a luxury and not a right. :)