Military vaccine mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
How many guys on here are in the military or have family members serving and how do they feel about the vaccine mandate for all now serving ? If they really don't want the vaccine how far are they willing to push it? I think there are valid reasons for refusing that will be acceptable but aside from that, what are their option?

Tahoe1305

WKR
Flu shot among a dozen+ others are all mandatory. This will be treated the same. Really no different in my mind. Assuming same “feelings” about yellow fever when that killed a bunch of folks and they mandated it for certain locations.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Im sure this thread will turn into a dumpster fire. I'm in favor of the old and vulnerable choosing to get the vax, but now with all the vax people spreading the virus and the possibility of being responsible for the virus mutating because the vax is far from perfect I dont see the point in the military mandating it. Every single person I know or know of (dozens) that is home sick with bad symptoms right now has both shots. We have been around sick people and tested 4 times and are not vaccinated and dont have it. This virus is weird!!!

Hoodie

WKR
The military vaccinates for viruses that have effectively been eradicated (smallpox). Flu vaccines are mandatory every year, or were when I was last in in 2017. This isn't anything unusual.

OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I was referring to this vaccine in particular and peoples aversion too it. We all know about past history. When I was in the Navy, it was get in line and shut up. Back then before the kinder gentler military you did what you were ordered to do. The difference, virtually all those vaccine were time proven.

Poser

WKR
From what I’ve read, the mandatory vaccine will be the Pfizer version since it is now FDA approved. Currently about half of the military is already vaccinated, but if you exclude the National Guard and reserves, that number is much higher. The Navy is almost 75% vaccinated.

KHNC

WKR
From what I’ve read, the mandatory vaccine will be the Pfizer version since it is now FDA approved. Currently about half of the military is already vaccinated, but if you exclude the National Guard and reserves, that number is much higher. The Navy is almost 75% vaccinated.
I though the navy guys injected each other on the ships? Is that why their rates are much higher?

grfox92

WKR
You can get a religious or medical exemption for vaccines in the military just like kids can in public schools.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
I was in during the mandatory anthrax shots. Those stopped and the mandate was deemed illegal. Food for thought.
While I am totally against mandates of any kind (what jb1842 said is true, it was found to be illegal to mandate the anthrax vaccines on troops) it is a touchy subject when it comes to service members since they are considered Government Property.

Maybe I’m missing it. But appears that anthrax wasn’t FDA approved. COVID (one company for time being) is. Comparing the two is a tad silly. Anthrax wasn’t a world wide pandemic (like flu, and a few of the other vaccines that are still mandatory).

Members won’t have a choice(if they choose to serve). Even with a religious or med waiver they will still be restricted from deploying and potentially even leave. If commanders can prove it impacts mission or force readiness (people getting covid does this) they will be able to enforce it. People not willing to comply will be administratively dealt with.

BL: members will have a choice. It’s a volunteer force. You will have to leave, not join, or get kicked out to prevent it.

FWIW I’m not saying I agree with this. But it is a reality in our force.

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
What happened to hippa laws?
Still exists. Doesn’t apply to this. Commanders have access to individuals medical information. Required for force readiness. Doesn’t violate HIPAA.

The way it’s been explained to me is hipaa restricts what health professionals are allowed to discuss with folks who are not the member.

vortex

Lil-Rokslider
Im an RN in louisiana and its mandatory at all the private hospitals i work at since pfizer was fda approved. Most every patient i see hospitalized at this time is between 40-60s and unvaccinated. Death at the hospital has been a regular occurence. I feel everyone should make their own decisions on this but you are definitely taking a gamble by not taking the vaccine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.