Military vaccine mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If it's a mandate and not a passed law, is ignoring it illegal?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
With the new woke military and now Covid mandates......if I was still active duty, I wouldn't be for long. I just turned down a defense contractor job because of the direction they're going and the already mandated masks onsite. And they're the ones that came calling. Thanks, but no thanks.

Poser

WKR
If it's a mandate and not a passed law, is ignoring it illegal?

“military officials have said in the past that refusal to receive any mandated vaccine “could constitute failure to obey an order, and may be punishable under the Uniform Code of Military Justice,” the Associated Press reported.”

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
I was in during the mandatory anthrax shots. Those stopped and the mandate was deemed illegal.
This is only partially correct.

The problem with the Anthrax mandate is that the DOD sought to mandate vaccination against inhalation anthrax but the vaccine was only FDA approved against cutaneous (skin) anthrax. This required informed consent or Presidential waiver of the informed consent requirement. These requirements were violated, so a court ordered an injunction. That analysis is irrelevant for Pfizer COVID vaccine because the DOD is mandating it’s use in accordance with the FDA approval.

An order/mandate to take the COVID vaccine for service members will be a lawful order. If not followed, it would be a violation of the UCMJ and could result in punitive action (e.g., court martial or Art 15/NJP/CAPT’s mast) or administrative action (e.g., bad paper or separation).

jb1842

FNG
This is only partially correct.

The problem with the Anthrax mandate is that the DOD sought to mandate vaccination against inhalation anthrax but the vaccine was only FDA approved against cutaneous (skin) anthrax. This required informed consent or Presidential waiver of the informed consent requirement. These requirements were violated, so a court ordered an injunction. That analysis is irrelevant for Pfizer COVID vaccine because the DOD is mandating it’s use in accordance with the FDA approval.

An order/mandate to take the COVID vaccine for service members will be a lawful order. If not followed, it would be a violation of the UCMJ and could result in punitive action (e.g., court martial or Art 15/NJP/CAPT’s mast) or administrative action (e.g., bad paper or separation).
That's true. But the overall point is the government has a long history of screwing up or flat out indifference to the welfare of our citizens. Look at the Tuskegee Experiment or purposely exposing our military to nuclear explosions.

Miboy86

Lil-Rokslider
My best friend who I met on day one of basic and is still in doesn't have the vaccine and is strongly considering getting out after 16 years. He is currently on deployment to Panama with his jsoc team but not sure if they are gonna try and do the vaccine there or when he gets back in a month and half roughly.

Mike7

WKR
While I am totally against mandates of any kind (what jb1842 said is true, it was found to be illegal to mandate the anthrax vaccines on troops) it is a touchy subject when it comes to service members since they are considered Government Property.

For the Anthrax vaccine, if I remember right, there had been successful civilian animal studies on monkeys at the primate center out of Portland on inhalational anthrax exposure. The long approved vaccine for cutaneous anthrax was very effective for inhalation exposure and had a known safety record in humans (even prior to the primate studies for the new vaccine indication).

This was back in 2001, but we were in the process of possibly administratively separating a couple of Marines who refused to get the vaccine; nothing punitive, just an overseas deployability concern.

Now we have skipped animal testing this time.

From your link, I find the judge's comments on the Anthrax reversal interesting, because the FDA also has skipped public comment on the Biontech (aka Pfizer) covid vaccine as well. I guess they didn't want to open that can of worms. Have they violated the admin procedure act here also though?

"By refusing to give the American public an opportunity to submit meaningful comments on the anthrax vaccine's classification, the agency violated the Administrative Procedure Act," Sullivan wrote in the conclusion of a 41-page opinion

Opah

WKR
Just a Observation of Fact not fiction, Against my advice my Daughter took my 85 year old Mother to get the shots a week or less from getting her final shot, she became incoherent, 911 to the hospital.
Pneumonia in one lung and bacteria they were not sure of in her blood ? My mother rarely leaves the house and if she does it is with My daughter or myself.
We all have tested negative. These shots are a crap shoot, they do not effectively protect one from the Virus and it is amazing how many pro shots that will totally ignore facts about this. So sad seems like the elections all over again

pew

Lil-Rokslider
I’m NG and strongly opposed to this shot being mandated. I’ve got almost 12 years in and considering resigning my commission over this.

You’d be surprised—very surprised—how many folks are too. Most opposed to the shot are convinced this is political bullies flexing their muscle, and nothing more (Manning and morale in the woke .mil is abysmal and the perception that the general US economy is currently ok enough for folks to not “need this job”).

For those who have BTDT and who know the .mil mindset of following orders, it is truly unprecedented for this many folks (O and E) to have held out against “strong suggestions” of command. Reprisal for attempting to obtain an exemption has allegedly been overtly stated at the local level but the strong willed are not backing down…not yet at least.

I thought I saw the PUBLISHED average is 60% of .mil shot, that means there are units where there are considerably higher concentrations of people holding out. The official word in my world was 62-67% NOT shot—-granted, I’m NG in a Free State so there are going to be a disproportionate number of ideologically driven patriots in our ranks as opposed to careerists in some AD base in California.

This actually has the potential to be, as the kids these days are saying, “a thing” imo. Leadership is “calmly concerned” wanting to know “the numbers” of folks opposed to this. Never seen anything like it—granted, my time is much shorter than that of others.

If enough of our brave men/women stay the corse, the drivers will back down by allowing a host of “liberal” exemptions to include 1. religious (LOTS of talk about this, which is unique because there is very rarely any issue for other shots), 2. med (I personally know one member who already has one), and 3. even taking proof of previous infection (NEVER heard of this for any other req. vax)—IMO, these being publicized will be a way for the drivers to be defeated, but by being able to save face and get the jab-stats they so desperately need to coerce the general population into compliance. “Mil is 90% vaccine *compliant*!”

Draw your own conclusions as to how applicable the following is:
“We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, but they are still lying.” – Attributed to Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

We’ll see who blinks first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.