Milk???

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
We have used both milkman and the Kroger brand and I can't tell much difference. Both were fairly chalky to drink straight, but worked fine mixed with granola for breakfast or to make chocolate pudding. What you plan to do with it?

• Banned
OP
B

blb078

WKR
We have used both milkman and the Kroger brand and I can't tell much difference. Both were fairly chalky to drink straight, but worked fine mixed with granola for breakfast or to make chocolate pudding. What you plan to do with it?

Just to drink, some people have to have coffee in the morning, me I need a glass of milk.

unm1136

WKR
A bit of a weight penalty, but my kids love the hermetically sealed boxes of milk. No refridgeration required, packaging has some plastics, but will burn (mostly paper/cardboard), and it is 1% fortifirled, if I recall correctly. I am not a huge milk guy, but I get it. If you are already running a light weight pack (I am a dinosaur, but I think that less 10 pounnds per day to be sufficient, to qualify as lightweight with longer trips becoming more efficient) then carrying actual fluid milk that you consume, thus reducing weight, should not be a huge obstacle if you have to have your milk.

pat

dbaker

Lil-Rokslider
we used nestle canations on our last hunt. we got it at a scratch and dent store for practically free but i'd pay regular price for it for sure.

• Banned
OP
B

blb078

WKR
Thx for the info will have to give a couple of these a shot. I'm thinking I'm not going to find anything that actually taste like milk so just have to hope I find something close.