Mini fishing pole?

I have an Eagle Claw spinning rod that breaks down into 4 pieces, and a lightweight Shimano reel with a small box that has a handful of rapalas and spinners. I also have a little bubble and some flies for lakes. That's all I've ever needed anywhere I've gone. Whole kit weighs about a pound.

Q child

WKR
I have a Douglas Upstream 8'0" 3 weight, 6 piece. It's a nice little rod. Delicate presentations. Good roll caster. The tube is really short and skinny.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I just got a 4 piece ugly stick, I had a shimano reel sitting around. Makes a good pack away rod for taking on my raft or hiking.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I got an eagle trialmaster combo rod at a garage sale this morning, it’s like new and only cost me 30 dollars. I’m sure the new ones will be more than that but the case is nice, the tee works and the rod actually seems ok. I’d not hesitate to bring it along to fish for brookies and grayling.

I have two different spinning rigs depending on what I plan on doing -

The first is a ugly stick ultralight outfit. One piece rod that’s 4’6 maybe? I bring this along when I plan on fishing out of my raft as the shorter rod is more convenient landing fish. As I’m bringing the raft along, I don’t mind having to duck under branches and whatnot as I already have to do that because of the paddle

If I don’t bring the raft, I take along a daiwa 4pc ultralight presso rod and some shimano spinning reel. The rod once assembled is 7’ I think which is great for reaching way out from the bank.

My fly rods are all 4pc setups so I just bring whatever I feel like fishing if I’m bringing fly rods.

I also have a tenkara setup but honestly there’s very few instances where I will pick that over the fly rods. Maybe as a “toss it into the bag just in case I decide I want to fish”?

ShakeDown

WKR
I have two really light set ups, one expensive and one sort of expensive.

St. Croix Triumph 4 piece rod + Shimano Stradic 2500

Diawa Presso 4 piece rod + Diawa Legalis 1000

The Triumph usually travels with me all over the place and is a heck of a set up. I have caught Reds in FL, Rainbows in CO, Crappie in NM and Smallies in WI with it.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I'll 3rd (4th?) a tenkara rod. My Nissin Zerosum weighs 2.1 oz. A handful of flies, one or two lines, and some tippet and I bet my entire fishing setup weighs less than 4-5 oz total.

Totoro

WKR
Depends if you wanna a multi piece or a telescopic.

For multi-piece, I like using the Daiwa Presso, Daiwa Spinmatic or Fenwick Eagle.

For telescopic, top choice is Major Craft but you're gonna spend the money there!

With a spinner I can fish a fly with a float or toss artificials.

With the lighter stuff 2lb or 4lb mono is FUN!