Minnesota Archery Buck!!

This was my first year bowhunting ever. And a week before opening of gun season. My uncle dry fired the bow I was going to use(my dads old bow). We brought it to a shop and they couldn't repair it in time for opener. Needless to say I bought a new bow the day(Sunday) after he dry fired my dads bow. I shot it until dark every night after school/work to get it ready. We went out Saturday, I didn't see anything in the morning. Saturday night I had 2 different bucks come in, a smaller one at 40 and this buck at 20. Both were facing me the whole time and never presented me with a good shot. Sunday morning I hadn't seen anything all morning so I decided to get out of my stand with my bow, rangefinder, and grunt call. I walked around calling and raking the ground and trees. I was watched the main bedding area for about 10 minutes and didn't see anything. Instead of taking the main trail back to my stand, i decided to walk through the woods. As I was walking back he popped up about 20 yards away. He came from another bedding area about 100 yards behind me. I kneeled down, drew back and let the arrow fly. He ran 43 yards and tipped over. Not my biggest buck but by far the most special.20211107_100507.jpg

Last edited:

Aeast

Lil-Rokslider
Nice buck, reminds me alot of my first archery buck! Congrats!