Minnesota Elk

UP NORTH

WKR
Well I was lucky enough to draw a MN cow elk tag this year. Pretty excited for the season to roll around. Just wanted to see if any other MN roksliders were lucky this year?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dakotaduner

Lil-Rokslider
That is awesome. Have some MN family that is sure looking forward to an elk in there home state someday

Scottyboy

WKR
You drew!!?! Wow, congrats! I haven’t been notified so I’ll take that as another donation. Couldn’t believe almost 5000 people applied, felt much better about my odds when it was closer to 2500 haha

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
You drew!!?! Wow, congrats! I haven’t been notified so I’ll take that as another donation. Couldn’t believe almost 5000 people applied, felt much better about my odds when it was closer to 2500 haha
Thank you. Ya pretty crazy on the jump of apps from 2800 in 2019.

OP
UP NORTH

UP NORTH

WKR
Congrats on the tag!
Where are you going to hunt?
I have a unit 20 tag. I haven't decided where to hunt quite yet. I have a friend that lives up there so he's going to help out. I'm going to try to make some landowner contacts and see what happens with those.

Missouri had 19000 applicants for 5 tags!

Scottyboy

WKR
I have a unit 20 tag. I haven't decided where to hunt quite yet. I have a friend that lives up there so he's going to help out. I'm going to try to make some landowner contacts and see what happens with those.

I have family (in-laws) in that zone with a bunch of land I will ask them about any elk activity. I will be in touch via PM with any ideas for you.

Congrats again!

Yikes! 😳

My odds were similar as I applied for a season/zone that only had 2 tags 😆

It was the first season. I think there will be less next year when the buzz wears off but still terrible odds. There’s only like 150 elk, the tags are bull, and there is a refuge area that is off limits so I could see a scenario where nobody even harvests one.

Djacker

WKR

Where did you find that 5000 people applied? I've been applying for years with no success.

Scottyboy

WKR
Where did you find that 5000 people applied? I've been applying for years with no success.

DNR website. I believe the actual number was 4880, but check the elk tab on the website and you will see. A huge increase from last year. This was year 15 for me, part of me thinks applying for the cow tags is the way to go instead of holding out for a long shot at a bull. I’ll probably play the bull game another 10 years or so before trying my luck with a cow or any sex

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the tag! It's on my list to do but forgot to apply for a tag this year. Good luck on the hunt!