Minnesota Grouse

Hoeger

FNG
I'm planning on heading up north to test out the Hunter Walking Trails for my first grouse hunt this fall. Anybody hunted those before or interested in joining?

OP
Hoeger

Hoeger

FNG
I haven't really pinned one down. I'm driving up from the cities so it doesn't matter much to me. It looks like pine and St Louis counties have a lot of trails so I was looking there.

OP
Hoeger

Hoeger

FNG
Heading up to Nemadji next Monday for some grouse if anyone's interested in joining

OP
Hoeger

Hoeger

FNG
Pretty good. Kicked up 8 birds and was able to get one. It's definitely doable without a dog but man it would be great to have a pointer out there.

Nemadji was a cool spot. Glad I brought my hot tent since it got down around 30 one night.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
Check with DNR for drumming reports in the area you are looking at. Always a good indicator or bird population. Wis. DNR always had them. Wasn't real good this year.

OP
Hoeger

Hoeger

FNG
Check with DNR for drumming reports in the area you are looking at. Always a good indicator or bird population. Wis. DNR always had them. Wasn't real good this year.
I connected with a DNR biologist that gave me some gold spots to try out and a good recommendation on timing