Minox z5 rifle scopes ?

Shrek

Is anyone using the minox scopes ? I'm looking at the 3x15x50 scope with the bdc type reticle and want to know how the glass compares with the Conquest or a swarovski z3 . Where does the quality fall ? I would love to jump on a swarovski z3 but I'm blowing holes left and right in my budget.

Ethan S.

I know it isn't exactly what you are looking for but I have a Minox ZA5 2-10x40 that I am not going to use. I would send it to you so you could check it out. If you like it I would probably just let you have it.

Yellowknife

Is anyone using the minox scopes ? I'm looking at the 3x15x50 scope with the bdc type reticle and want to know how the glass compares with the Conquest or a swarovski z3 . Where does the quality fall ? I would love to jump on a swarovski z3 but I'm blowing holes left and right in my budget.

I had a ZA3 and wasn't too impressed. Glass was very good, but the turrets were very sloppy, and tracked off by about 15%. I also had a slow zero drift issue where I had to add about 1-2 clicks horizontal every 10 rds. Also tried and broke (multiple times) a Minox spotter, and was VERY unimpressed with CA issues in a set of fairly expensive Minox HG binos.

Traded it all in on Zeiss and haven't looked back.

It should be noted though that I have a track record of breaking optics, so YMMV. CS and Warranty was excellent for what that's worth.

Yk

OP
Shrek

Shrek

I ordered the 2-10x50 za 5 minox on closeout to try. For $350 tyd I couldn't pass it up. I'll let you know what I think of it