Mirrorless shooters. What are you running?

Hunthigh1

WKR
I am finally getting to the point where i will be buying a decent camera for the first time. I have ruled out dslr's and point and shoot cameras. I have a point and shoot that i hate.

What are you mirrorless backcountry guys using?

I have seen alot of love for the sony a6000 and a6300. . . are these the go to options?

Are there any other options i ought to consider. . . weather sealed body sure seems nice. . . although thats what a case is for.

Tsnider

WKR
i just got an a6000 in december and im very happy with it. not weatherproof, but for me thats not much concern. i got mine like new for like 350 on ebay with the powerzoom lens. upgraded the lens and its quite nice for such a small camera. video quality is top notch as well.

i did buy a cheap neoprene cover for it on ebay for 9$.

Clinch

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my wife the a6000. Pretty damn nice, but I don't know how it compares to others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
Best Buy has the A6000 and two lenses on sale for $800 right now. Comes with free case and spare battery. I took my first 125 pics with it today. I have a lot to learn, but holy crap what a step up from the Canon I bought a few years ago.

OP
H

Hunthigh1

WKR
Thanks all,

I think i'm sticking with my initial research and going to pick up a used A6000

dotman

WKR
Best Buy has the A6000 and two lenses on sale for $800 right now. Comes with free case and spare battery. I took my first 125 pics with it today. I have a lot to learn, but holy crap what a step up from the Canon I bought a few years ago.

Get the Samyang 12mm f2.0 wide angle, very impressed especially for the price.

Find out what system you want to buy in to.

Bodies are a consumable, lenses you will keep for a decade or more, if you buy quality.

A6000 are great cameras as long as you understand the benefits and limitations, and they fit what you want out of a camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk