Missed the CO deadline

A busy life got in the way and I missed the draw somehow. The plan was to go otc but get a PP for next year. Am I truly SOL now with getting a point for next season?

Stalker69

WKR
They gave plenty of time, and even extended it. Got to get your priorities in line., man. After the drawing they will lic. available for the ones that applied but there credit cards are no good.

id450

WKR
I called and left a voice mail I thought it was total BS they extended it, I missed a draw once procrastinating And learned my lesson also. I think they just wanted to make more money?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, CO Parks and Wildlife issued a statement saying that many applicants were unable to submit their applications before the deadline because their servers crashed. And their servers crashed because thousands of applicants all went to submit their applications at 10PM MT on March 31st. So other people are procrastinating as well.

You are SOL for your PPs, but you can still get an OTC tag if you wanted.

Ratbeetle

WKR
And the response should have been "that's too bad, better luck next year."

Of course then CPW wouldn't have been able to cash in. Gotta get them fees!

Maldavis

FNG
So how many extra applications were sent in after the 4/6 deadline? I thought a deadline was a deadline. Now it’s just a guideline- cash cow.. My son and I applied early hoping we would be lucky and draw a unit with borderline odds. Now I would guess that our chances are about nothing with all the extra names in the hat. Kinda horse shit that they could just decide to rake in some extra cash like they did. Guess they needed a little extra scratch for the wolf program.
Can I call in for a refund of my qualifying license and other fees? I think I know the answer. Bunch of Jack hats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sykes

WKR
So how many extra applications were sent in after the 4/6 deadline? I thought a deadline was a deadline. Now it’s just a guideline- cash cow.. My son and I applied early hoping we would be lucky and draw a unit with borderline odds. Now I would guess that our chances are about nothing with all the extra names in the hat. Kinda horse shit that they could just decide to rake in some extra cash like they did. Guess they needed a little extra scratch for the wolf program.
Can I call in for a refund of my qualifying license and other fees? I think I know the answer. Bunch of Jack hats.

Enough that they broke a new record for number of big game applications. 685k apps. Guess it wasn't crowded enough out there. I agree with you 100%

Should have never extended it the first time.... I buy points and go otc every year. Was hoping to pick up a deer tag in the secondary draw but I’m sure they will all be gone. And you can forget their ridiculous left over list and crashing system every year....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maldavis

FNG
Enough that they broke a new record for number of big game applications. 685k apps. Guess it wasn't crowded enough out there. I agree with you 100%

I think all they are worried about is $$$$

The extension occurred because the system crashed.
It would not have been fair to the thousands of procrastinators if CPW said tough luck..because it was their faulty server that continually crashes.
There would have been approximately the same amount of applicants crash/extension or no crash.

You don’t get more of a chance if you apply early, and it’s highly doubtful your chances of drawing were impacted in any way by the extension.

I don’t want more people hunting in Colorado, but fair is fair.
If you don’t like the system, then stay home.
Colorado doesn’t need your money, and you won’t be missed.

gbflyer

WKR
Any time folks have to pay the government for any reason they are gonna wait until the last day. Just like taxes.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would not have been fair to the thousands of procrastinators if CPW said tough luck..because it was their faulty server that continually crashes.
There would have been approximately the same amount of applicants crash/extension or no crash.

You don’t get more of a chance if you apply early, and it’s highly doubtful your chances of drawing were impacted in any way by the extension.

Fair would be to close the application period on the date and time published in the proclamation.
Now the majority of whiner's will wait until the very end next year and crash the system again, in effect causing the cycle to repeat itself.
No lesson is learned when poor behavior is rewarded.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Fair would be to close the application period on the date and time published in the proclamation.
Now the majority of whiner's will wait until the very end next year and crash the system again, in effect causing the cycle to repeat itself.
No lesson is learned when poor behavior is rewarded.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

That’s BS
CPW’s system crashes locking out thousands of applicants.
It’s on CPW to make it right, which they did.

If you were on the receiving end of the crash, you’d be crying.

I’m the last guy that wants all these F’ing NR’s flooding the state, trashing the woods.
But fair is fair, and CPW stepped up.

And what’s more hilarious, is the ‘whiners’ are the guys that put in early lol!

406life

Lil-Rokslider
FWIW, I made google calendar that sends me an email and a notification for all my draw and app deadlines. I missed one deadline several years ago, and although I didn't loose all my points, the one I did miss still hurts.

Stalker69

WKR

Well said, they would have bitched if they were trying to apply and couldn’t get through because it crashed. And now they bitch that they allowed them to apply. We would all be better off if they found else where to hunt. If you don’t like it, your not by any means being forced to hunt here.