Missed the CO deadline

Maldavis

FNG
The extension occurred because the system crashed.
It would not have been fair to the thousands of procrastinators if CPW said tough luck..because it was their faulty server that continually crashes.
There would have been approximately the same amount of applicants crash/extension or no crash.

You don’t get more of a chance if you apply early, and it’s highly doubtful your chances of drawing were impacted in any way by the extension.

I don’t want more people hunting in Colorado, but fair is fair.
If you don’t like the system, then stay home.
Colorado doesn’t need your money, and you won’t be missed.

Your response really makes zero sense. A deadline is a deadline.
And if you can’t see that more apps entered into the system after the “deadline” won’t impact everyone’s chances you are missing something.
When was the last time they moved the “deadline”?
As you said it continually crashes so why have a deadline at all?
And you’re dead wrong on Colorado doesn’t need your money. That’s precisely why they moved the deadline ,to get more money not more hunters. In draw units the caps are set. So yes my chances were impacted.
Thanks for your “ everyone gets a trophy response”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maldavis

FNG
So did CPW limit the extension too those that were on line before the crash? Honest question.
Since this seems to be a common thing maybe have some way to record those that were actually trying to apply before deadline.
I’m not sure I’m whining just wondering why a deadline isn’t a deadline.
If I’m standing in line for a lottery ticket and the machine goes down and I can’t get a ticket do I get an extension too?
Someone previously mentions it could have been a learning experience. Instead next year do they just put a ?
By the app deadline date ?

And if you can’t see that more apps entered into the system after the “deadline” won’t impact everyone’s chances you are missing something.
And you’re dead wrong on Colorado doesn’t need your money. That’s precisely why they moved the deadline ,to get more money not more hunters. In draw units the caps are set. So yes my chances were impacted.

The CPW site has never crashed to my knowledge, during the application process.

It crashes with the old leftover process, which has now been changed to a secondary draw, I believe to alleviate the issue.

Again, the last thing I want is more hunters in Colorado.
I’ll pay triple or quadruple my resident fees so a NR cap can be implement.
Whatever, it’s a shit show already and only getting worse.

But, that said..CPW did the right thing.
The dick move would have been for CPW’s system to fail, eliminating thousands of people, some of which I’m sure weren’t simply procrastinators, and for CPW’s response to be tough shit.

Sykes

WKR
I'm with you on this

Maldavis

FNG
The CPW site has never crashed to my knowledge, during the application process.

It crashes with the old leftover process, which has now been changed to a secondary draw, I believe to alleviate the issue.

But, that said..CPW did the right thing.
The dick move would have been for CPW’s system to fail, eliminating thousands of people, some of which I’m sure weren’t simply procrastinators, and for CPW’s response to be tough shit.

You said above the server continually crashes now it has never crashed. Which is it? Again honest question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sykes

WKR
He's saying it has never crashed during the application process like it did this week but it was know for crashing nearly every year I can remeber when the leftover liceneces went on sale. Now there is a secondary draw for the leftover livences rather than first come first serve for them.

Ratbeetle

WKR
You snooze, you lose...I guess parents don't teach that to their kids anymore.

Stuff happens when you wait until the last minute. People had an entire month...a MONTH...to put in applications, if you waited until the last minute and the system crashed it's not on anyone but you. Don't be lazy.

Zero personal accountability. I've missed the deadline before. I learned my lesson and apply early now. Too bad no one will learn from this.

Stalker69

WKR

It makes perfect sense, if there were 4000 people trying to apply and it crashed, 4000 didn’t get to apply, that should have. So they extend and 4000 people got to apply. Which it should have been in the first place. Now your thinking is self centered, thinking those 4000 people jeopardized “your “ chance at a lic.

The CPW Press release stated the 20% of the applications were submitted in the final 24 hours. Not like it was just a few of us.
I was one who could not get through.
I'm happy they extended it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
Wow, I can’t believe how worked up some get. It’s not like this is a life and death situation that is effecting your or a loved ones life. It’s for crying out loud a hunting lic. I don’t think there is one person on here that is going to starve to death if they don’t draw the lic. they are hoping for. If so, there are plenty of rabbits, squirrels, grouse, fish that you can go after to eat. Holy smokes people.

Stalker69

WKR
You have a month to apply makes no sense to wait for the final hour. Also according to CPW it crashed less then ten minutes. They could have extended it one day for that. A freaking week was ridiculous. Anyone who doesn't think this doesn't affect draw odds or point creep is out of their mind.
Seriously, is it that big of a deal. What if you drew a tag, and days before you were to leave you ( or some one in your family got hurt or seriously sick, or worse) and you could not go. Who’s fault would it be then ? Be glad you still have the opportunity to go hunting, the future of it is going to change, and not for the better either.

Trial153

WKR
Two issues that are both interconnected. First the deadline is the deadline. Secondly its on the department to have a system in place that is robust enough to handle the demand. Obviously that wasn't the case and they acknowledged that wasn't the case hence the bull shit extension.

If they had a system that worked, when it was supposed to work then I am all for telling someone to shit in their hat when they miss the deadline.
But What if it crashed a week before the deadline and never was repaired and put up and running ? Do say to people " hey you should have applied two weeks early " tough shit .... If the deadline is fair to shut someone out then it has to be fair to allow someone to get an application in. Regardless if its a month or day before the deadline.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
So did CPW limit the extension too those that were on line before the crash? Honest question.
Since this seems to be a common thing maybe have some way to record those that were actually trying to apply before deadline.
I’m not sure I’m whining just wondering why a deadline isn’t a deadline.
If I’m standing in line for a lottery ticket and the machine goes down and I can’t get a ticket do I get an extension too?
Someone previously mentions it could have been a learning experience. Instead next year do they just put a ?
By the app deadline date ?

Oh, you can be sure you are most certainly whining 🤣. It is not uncommon for various western states to extend deadline when technical issues crop up. Not very often but Far from unprecedented.

Last edited:

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
You have a month to apply makes no sense to wait for the final hour. Also according to CPW it crashed less then ten minutes. They could have extended it one day for that. A freaking week was ridiculous. Anyone who doesn't think this doesn't affect draw odds or point creep is out of their mind.
The deadline was not extended a week so WTH are you talking about. And every applicant has every right to expect the system to work throughout the entire application period. When system crashes right near deadline the appropriate course is a limited extension, which they did.

Last edited:

D.Blake

Lil-Rokslider
I will be very curious to see if extensions become the norm. We run into this issue in NE when our leftover tags become available for purchase. Our site goes down like a lead balloon. Obviously the situation is a little different, but it is frustrating.

Sure... guys shouldn't wait till the last minute to get in(unless they have to). But there is no way to really know the load the site is capable of handling unless a bunch of ppl wait until the last day to rush in an application...

If CO wants to trick out their elk to the entire country, they should at least have a site capable of raking in all the money, right?

The deadline was not extended a week so WTH are you talking about. And every applicant has every right to expect the system to work throughout the entire application period. When system crashes right near deadline the appropriate course is a limited extension, which they did.
Your right it was four days still seems excessive one or at most two days would have been plenty.
So why haven't they redone the reissue process when it crashed? Will there be a redo in August when the system goes down? Everyone should have the right to a reissue tag correct?

Seriously, is it that big of a deal. What if you drew a tag, and days before you were to leave you ( or some one in your family got hurt or seriously sick, or worse) and you could not go. Who’s fault would it be then ? Be glad you still have the opportunity to go hunting, the future of it is going to change, and not for the better either.
So when you miss a deadline for your job you get an extension?