Missing Rifle Scope Features?

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
My daughter would like to know the music you use at the beginning of your older videos at the beginning. She says she could do a program for figure skating with it, especially with the gun shot for the ending;).
Thanks! But check the barrel price first, they are currently through the roof and 200% of when I got in to Blaser.

The music is "Will you follow me" by Tiny Music and I put audio from both a hunt and a shooting match at the end.

260madman

WKR
Thanks! But check the barrel price first, they are currently through the roof and 200% of when I got in to Blaser.

The music is "Will you follow me" by Tiny Music and I put audio from both a hunt and a shooting match at the end.
Thank you for the music.

Ive been watching Blazer prices for a bit and they are very steep. Having every type of material as limited availability doesn’t when pricing and with high demand.

Looking forward to more videos.

Here’s the recipe-

1). Mid power 3 or 4x in the low end, 12-16x on the high end.

2). 30mm, 42-45mm objective.

3). sub 24oz weight

4. Specifically designed and built to stay zeroed through impacts and drops.

5). Locking or zero stopped low pro elevation turret, capped windage designed and built for consistent and repeatable use

6). Front focal plane, Mil/Mil with a reticle that is specially designed for low and high power visibility. Cut to the chase and use the THLR reticle from @THLR

7. Large, forgiving eyebox, large FOV if possible.

Then take that scope and actually test them versus the “tests” that everyone does, before placing on the market
Pretty much this. #4 is the most important to me. If you successfully offer up this combination, I will have a safe full of them.

Wrongside

WKR
Just copy the discontinued 3-12x44 LRHS. Bonus points if you can build a sub-20oz version w/ ED glass, without giving up durability & reliability. Maybe add illum for guys who want it.

I'd buy several. There is basicly nothing currently being offered that occupies this niche.

Just copy the discontinued 3-12x44 LRHS. Bonus points if you can build a sub-20oz version w/ ED glass, without giving up durability & reliability. Maybe add illum for guys who want it.

I'd buy several. There is basicly nothing currently being offered that occupies this niche.
You can buy the LRHS-2 through GAP.

Adjustable Objective scope, lightweight scopes that can function like a tactical scope but doesn't have knobs that stick out. Small knobs, quality internals and glass

Wrongside

WKR
Did this scope have a good reputation for tracking and zero retention?
In my circle of shooting/hunting buddies, we own around 20 Elite Tactical scopes. 15 are LRHS/LRTS. Probably half are on high volume, hard use guns. All have been solid. So far. ;)

Reactions: Stu
Any changes to that for the LRHS-2? From what I understand, they pretty much just swapped the glass.

Sample of one, reticle seems to be slightly canted. With 8 mils of elevation travel dialed it seems to move about 0.1 mil right.

I didn’t have any other scopes with this time to make sure I didn’t fudge up the setup, but I’m about 80% confident the results are accurate (at least in regards to cant). It indicates the elevation is a little off too but i did not measure to the target on this range trip. I have measured with a tape at this range a couple benches down in the past and it was on the nuts.

Attachments

• ACA12E0A-5C71-4AD0-8D10-0B842D0BEE8B.jpeg
    ACA12E0A-5C71-4AD0-8D10-0B842D0BEE8B.jpeg
    217.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 022AF6E7-4877-4B9F-917B-747E1E983DCC.jpeg
    022AF6E7-4877-4B9F-917B-747E1E983DCC.jpeg
    238.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 6353DF5E-B51F-446C-9B6F-739A2EC54044.jpeg
    6353DF5E-B51F-446C-9B6F-739A2EC54044.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

ElPollo

WKR
Ultralight reliable sub 12 ounce scope
If I could get a sub 12-14oz reliable, durable, 3-9ish scope that didn’t dial but had an MOA or MIL reticle for holdovers and wind holds, I’d buy several. No weird BDC reticles. Scopes built to dial are heavy and a lot of folks don’t want to put a 30 oz scope on a lightweight mountain rifle. I think most of us could do just fine under 500 yards with what I’m describing.

Blue72

WKR
If I could get a sub 12-14oz reliable, durable, 3-9ish scope that didn’t dial but had an MOA or MIL reticle for holdovers and wind holds, I’d buy several. No weird BDC reticles. Scopes built to dial are heavy and a lot of folks don’t want to put a 30 oz scope on a lightweight mountain rifle. I think most of us could do just fine under 500 yards with what I’m describing.

I would settle for fixed magnification for its wider FOV and durability. SWFA shows it’s can be done and be extremely popular

now if we just had better glass and even lighter weight then the popular SWFA

TheBloke

FNG
As a dull fun-fact I can offer some background for that reticle. It was privately financed and put on the market by myself (I see no money from the sales).
  • First edition was an uncompromising shooters reticle: Try and engineer a more direct link between training and the decisions needed for a killing shot, regardless of range and magnification. For lack of a better explanation, I wanted CQB (not a good description) and precise LR shots to stay on the same "decision line", no separate drills. If you want background, Daniel Kahneman (psychologist/nobel prize winner) wrote in "Thinking Fast and Slow" about how the mind works, espescially in high stake situations.
  • Second edition (as seen in this post) polished some dimensions and implemented the standard MRAD format, but no commercial/market adaptation was made.
That reticle is not made to sell. It is made to kill with speed and precision as it supports decisions compatible with system 1 thinking (reflexes or simple decisions like 2+2=4). It is not for everyone and with limited input I'm pretty sure it's not perfect either. So it's not something I push in it's current state (i.e. no adaption to perceived market need).
I am still working to get my head around mine - but - it's clear that it's a reticle that pushes through into helping you make quick decisions and quick shots.

I just need to get out more to shoot it and confirm the methodology in my head!

Rock-o

WKR
What do you want in a rifle scope that you either don't have now or aren't seeing on the market?

I recently bought your Toric 4.5-30x56 ELR (mil). Though it met all of my feature requirements I had a hard time submitting my order due to the magnification and objective size. Magnification is the lesser of the two issues. However, that objective is huge! I want a 50mm scope with the same features! If changing magnification how about 4-24, I think. Lastly, please, Made in USA!

Oh, and the turrets, do they need to be so huge? Don't get me wrong - they're fine how they are, but for my use smaller would be equally fine.

Thank you.

8362D6BF-90D5-4707-AF02-00EF7B327B6F.jpeg
On paper the Athlon 3-12 seems to tick a lot of my boxes
Only got it yesterday but I really like it so far, time will tell