Mission Radik *Live* Youth Bow Review **Updated 11/21/22**

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
For some time now, Aubrey has been hinting to me that she would like to start her journey into the world of archery. Aside from a few shots here and there, she’s never shot a bow. Furthermore, she’s never had a bow that actually fit her or was setup properly. I decided it was time to do something about that.

Pouring over the information available and talking to a few local shops, I decided on a Mission Radik. Coming in at just over 3lbs and offering a huge range of adjustability, it would be the perfect base for Aubrey to grow from.

We (Rokslide) reached out to Mathews / Mission who stepped up in a big way by supplying a bow for this review which made for a VERY surprised and excited little girl!

**Update 11/21/22** Mission Radik Youth Bow Review

b5a144d39dee9f3895cc16a18d35bbf7.jpg

Last edited:
OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Our first stop was Screaming Eagle Archery in Wasilla, AK. Great local shop with a cool indoor range to get the new bow dialed.

d51c5492e9cfd37b5c0cb9fbd85fc517.jpg

Reviewing one bow is fun, reviewing two will be even more so. We doubled down and picked up a second Radik for my youngest daughter.

524e07952b9e6533056841d8a5b5f46f.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s really incredible to see the growth in these two after a few short days of shooting. We got home from soccer this morning and both girls immediately grabbed their bows and started shooting again even though it was raining.

c404cf6361d35b63f909bc59d7fa7bd0.jpg

9dc0a9366bef8c3c9f8f3e28c66b83b9.jpg

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here’s a link to Mission:

Here’s the specs on these versatile little bows:

BRACE HEIGHT: 6 1/8"

DRAW WEIGHT: 10-50LBS

PHYSICAL WEIGHT: 3.04LBS

DRAW LENGTHS: 17-28”

AXLE-TO-AXLE: 28"

LET-OFF: Up to 80%

Aubrey is running the Mission Bowhunter Kit while Kyleah is using a mix of accessories that we already had at the house. Both are shooting index releases.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Kyle! That’s the bow I started my son with at about 8 years old. he’s 16 now and it will still fit him. Good investment. Following.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
My son shoots the same bow and it was a giant improvement over the Barnett that he was shooting previously.
how old is you son, and how big is he? Do you do the adjustments to draw length yourself?

I have to admit that i've always let my proshop do it as we've been there every spring when it's time to adjust, and they can do it with eyes closed.

how old is you son, and how big is he? Do you do the adjustments to draw length yourself?

I have to admit that i've always let my proshop do it as we've been there every spring when it's time to adjust, and they can do it with eyes closed.
He’s 13 and has had it since he was 11. We’ve had it adjusted twice so far. He hasn’t hit his growth spurt yet (5’1ish). I’ve taken it to the proshop too, just because it seems like I always have something else to do and they haven’t charged me since I’m a regular customer. My first legit bow (which I killed deer with) was a Golden Eagle Sparrow Hawk and the Matthews is much more refined.

I started my son on a MIssion Hammr when he was 10…he’s 11 now and gone from 19# draw weight 20” draw to 43# DW and 25” draw, and there’s still plenty of room for growth with the bow. Very pleased with the adjustability and performance of the bow so far.

danwolf

FNG
I bought this bow for my son when he was 7 and its grown with him. Easy to tune, just an allen wrench to change draw length. I give the limb bolts a slight crank tighter every few months. At 10 hes at 35 lbs now, some room to grow. I really like the size and weight, easy for him to carry, though he loves to steal my montana bow sling. Picture here we are hunting rare Texas public land, and for the wife's sanity he is wearing kevlar gators for snakes.

Screen Shot 2022-09-14 at 9.02.21 PM.png

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry for the inactivity! It’s been a crazy fall with guiding several hunts and hunts of our own. The weather has been atrocious this year but that hasn’t stopped the girls from improving. Aubrey is at the point we’ll be buying broadheads and decent arrows. I have one more goat/bear combo hunt to guide and then our plan is to hunt in PWS for black bears and blacktail. Aubrey will be ready!

f79b5d908e0cd3f5efd3ced80500791d.jpg

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the inactivity! It’s been a crazy fall with guiding several hunts and hunts of our own. The weather has been atrocious this year but that hasn’t stopped the girls from improving. Aubrey is at the point we’ll be buying broadheads and decent arrows. I have one more goat/bear combo hunt to guide and then our plan is to hunt in PWS for black bears and blacktail. Aubrey will be ready!

f79b5d908e0cd3f5efd3ced80500791d.jpg
Does she have tags for this year?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Picked up some new arrows. Few extra Axis for me and a dozen Easton 6.5’s for the girls.

6a4a81812a4992a87e484116aa1dd965.jpg

These broadheads have been getting good reviews up here this season. They come with a practice head that doubles as a small game head which I think is pretty neat. 125grain broadheads and weight in the form of collars bring the arrows to a total of 400 grains which is flying very well from their Radiks.

eb4e53728f98c64840e6044642f0bcf7.jpg

74a3a714cd53d6a703a90ece95c83ed8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Give em hell Aubrey!
Waiting on word from the pilot to drop us in the mountains for goats. May have to press the issue and hit it on foot patrol. It'll be plenty snowy and gnarly with the recent storms that have been pushing through.

Unfortunately it isn't a bow hunt since she isn't quite drawing 50lbs yet.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Waiting on word from the pilot to drop us in the mountains for goats. May have to press the issue and hit it on foot patrol. It'll be plenty snowy and gnarly with the recent storms that have been pushing through.

Unfortunately it isn't a bow hunt since she isn't quite drawing 50lbs yet.
50 is for goat or all AK big game?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
50 is for goat or all AK big game?
» 40 pounds peak draw weight when
hunting black bear, sheep, caribou, blacktail deer, wolf, wolverine

» 50 pounds peak draw weight when hunting bison, brown/grizzly bear, elk, moose, mountain goat, muskox