Mission sub-1 cables/strings

JjamesIII

WKR
This is my first crossbow I’ve ever owned. What gravitated me to the mission was it’s warranty and I he ability to change the strings/cables without a press. Well, I’ve only fired about 100 bolts through it and I’ve noticed some slight splintering on the limbs. I want to get ahead of the problem before it gets worse by putting in a warranty claim.

I took the”bow” into my pro shop and the tech was trying to tell me that it’s a m-fr to work on because of how complicated they are to run the strings/cables and he would need to charge me a pretty high labor fee. I think this guy might be off base or trying to rip me off? I’m guessing all I would need to do is relax tension by backing the limb bolts off? I’ve seen the video from Mission showing the guy doing this for the string, he did not demonstrate removing the cables however.

Wheels

WKR
If I were you, I would ask the question over on crossbowtalk.com. Quite a bit of knowledge there.

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
Thanks, I try to keep it on here. I’m trying to keep my exposure to just this forum. People can go down the rabbit hole making a bunch of profiles on various platforms.

WKR
Thanks, I try to keep it on here. I’m trying to keep my exposure to just this forum. People can go down the rabbit hole making a bunch of profiles on various platforms.
It's your dog show, but there are very few on rokslide with crossbow technical knowledge so you might want to go to a place with better odds. Crossbow shooters are a severe minority here.

dtrkyman

WKR
Shop is either full of it or has no clue how to do it, there could not be a simpler x bow to work on. find another shop!

Unfortunately Mathews will not send you parts, have to go through a dealer, otherwise you could easily do it yourself!

OP
J

JjamesIII

WKR
Shop is either full of it or has no clue how to do it, there could not be a simpler x bow to work on. find another shop!

Unfortunately Mathews will not send you parts, have to go through a dealer, otherwise you could easily do it yourself!
Thanks- that’s what I was thinking! The whole reason why I went with that x bow was the ability to service it easily. But I had to ask to see if I might have been missing something not obvious.