Mississippi pot roast = damn!

ScottRK

Lil-Rokslider
Sounds like a good roast. Sub Italian packet for ranch, use1 can broth or boullion for au jus , some bay leaves and minced garlic, pepperonicis. Pressure cook 15# and chop for sandwiches. Chicago style Italian beef.

Being from Mississippi we just call it pot roast! 😂 But in all seriousness I use this recipe with all game, beef, and pork roasts. Never lets me down.

xcutter

WKR
Tried this over the weekend with a deer roast. It was fantastic. I added some fresh whole mushrooms the last 45 minutes of the cook. They were a nice addition.

JMF

Lil-Rokslider
I made this with an elk roast last week, definitely going to add it to the recipe mix.

michihunt

Lil-Rokslider
I can’t believe I didn’t see this in here! I made it two weeks ago with an elk roast and thought it was really good. I will be trying this on other meats in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarence

WKR
Italian dressing mix instead of ranch is our preference. Often use 2 jars of peppercini, hate to run out!

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

OP
Desk Jockey
I made a batch this weekend and used Peppercini, ranch, onion soup and a half a can of condensed mushroom soup for a 3# beef roast. No butter as the beef had good marbling.

The mushroom soup makes a really nice, creamy gravy.

pirogue

WKR
Made it today with some elk. Only thing I changed from the OP’s post was i added about half an onion and a brown gravy mix, for the French onion mix(could’nt find it gluten free for the wife). Good, and so easy. Will be doing again, for sure.

Making again tonight. 35 mins left in the pampered chef cooker. 75 mins total. Just came on here to find the link to the recipe to send out.
Glad to see others are still on the band wagon. Smells so damn good. Cant wait!

The Mississippi Roast is an excellent deer camp crock pot. My recipe ....

4-5 lbs chuck roast well marbled
sliced onions on the bottom of the pot
Au Jus packet - sprinkle 3/4 of it on the bottom
Pepperoncino's (sliced) - take 2/3 of them from the jar and spread over bottom of the pot
Ranch dressing mix - mix the packet with 2/3 cup of mayonnaise & 2-3 tablespoons of apple cider
vinegar, spread about 2/3 of this on bottom of the pot.
Brown roast and put in pot
Cover top of roast with rest of ranch dressing, more pepperoncino's, last 1/4 of Au Jus and add 1 stick of butter
Pour some of the pepperoncino juice around side of roast.

The vinegar and pepperoncino juice add a nice bite (not hot) to the meat like hot Italian beef.

Cook on in crock pot for 7 hours. Take meat out and shred and add back in juice and any onions & pepperoncino's left from the pot. Save the rest of the juice for dipping sandwiches in. You can store in a zip lock and freeze's very well.

This is great on steak rolls with provolone or sautéed onions & pepper, and makes great meat for street tacos.
This variation really appeals to me. I'm looking forward to giving it a try on some mule deer roasts.

dsotm

Lil-Rokslider
Tried this last weekend, so good. Just started another in the crock pot for tonight.

fire

FNG
Sounds pretty good! Having to smell this for 8 hours at a camp site might kill me though...

I have a mule deer roast in the crock pot right now for my first attempt at this. I used a sliced onion on the bottom with 1/2 the jar of pepperoncini, and a 1/2 packet each of Ranch, au jus and onion soup mix. Placed browned roast on top , then remaining ingredients and butter. It's been going for 4 1/2 hours and the smell is making my wife and me nuts!

I have a mule deer roast in the crock pot right now for my first attempt at this. I used a sliced onion on the bottom with 1/2 the jar of pepperoncini, and a 1/2 packet each of Ranch, au jus and onion soup mix. Placed browned roast on top , then remaining ingredients and butter. It's been going for 4 1/2 hours and the smell is making my wife and me nuts!

Followup: Now I see what you guys have all been raving about! That was so good...
Gonna make some Italian beef (mule deer) sandwiches on a baguette with some provolone for lunch with the leftovers.

Every year at my deer camp, everyone brings a meal for dinner and each night someone else takes a turn at feeding the club. I'm going to make this, this year.