Missouri Bow Hunt 2021

Hey everyone, I know there are a few other posts out there regarding Missouri public land hunts but Im looking for some advice more specifically from other nonresidents that ventured to Missouri public land whitetails during archery season. Where did you start your planning process and how did you narrow down your target areas to hunt. Feel free to share pics of your harvest if you were successful.

MDC website is a great resource. You can also download the Missouri conservation atlas to google earth. Some get more pressure than others. Look for the ones they are putting ag on or has good food sources. If you find a area you like you can call the agent or bio that’s over it. They are happy to answer questions about pressure or deer population.

OP
F
Thank you for the info. Does the MDC website have biologist or agents contact info. Or is it best to use their "contact us" section.

I’m looking forward to the same sort of adventure in 2021. It will be my first out of state hunting trip. Like others have said, I’ve used the Modoc website to research and get a few places to go put boots on the ground. Also, Missouri is really good about planting food sources for their ducks, and deer obviously eat the same type of food sources. I’m looking forward to learning a new place and possibly having a chance at a better buck than in Arkansas.

I’m looking forward to the same sort of adventure in 2021. It will be my first out of state hunting trip. Like others have said, I’ve used the Modoc website to research and get a few places to go put boots on the ground. Also, Missouri is really good about planting food sources for their ducks, and deer obviously eat the same type of food sources. I’m looking forward to learning a new place and possibly having a chance at a better buck than in Arkansas.
Ozarks are close to you, big buck region down by springfield. Otherwise make your way towards Iowa if you want to travel into farm country.

Ozarks are close to you, big buck region down by springfield. Otherwise make your way towards Iowa if you want to travel into farm country.
My plan is to mostly hunt the ozarks(on the weekends) with a couple of 4-5 day hunts up north. Either way I’m looking forward to learning and hunting a new area.

wilkINkc

Lil-Rokslider
My plan is to mostly hunt the ozarks(on the weekends) with a couple of 4-5 day hunts up north. Either way I’m looking forward to learning and hunting a new area.

Lots of Corp land around Truman with lots of deer. Little behind on scouting this year but going to start soon. I live around Kansas City so I hunted some public closer to home last year but going to expand and go on Corp land this year.

Kade94

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone had much luck asking a land owner for permission to hunt their land once out in Missouri?

Last edited:

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone is looking at coming to NW Missouri let me know and I can try to help point you in the right direction. I live about an hour north of KC and would be happy to help. As for getting permission on private around me, I’m not going to tell you you won’t find an old farmer that would help you out but there’s a lot of guys from the city that come up and lease everything they can. With that said if you’re willing to put in the work there’s lots of good public ground. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want.

If anyone is looking at coming to NW Missouri let me know and I can try to help point you in the right direction. I live about an hour north of KC and would be happy to help. As for getting permission on private around me, I’m not going to tell you you won’t find an old farmer that would help you out but there’s a lot of guys from the city that come up and lease everything they can. With that said if you’re willing to put in the work there’s lots of good public ground. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want.
I can't pm but if you would pm id appreciate that.

LWright13

FNG
I am planning a trip up to Brickyard at the end of the month.