Missouri - Kansas City Area

Non-resident hanging in KC this week. I appreciate all help you generous locals beanspillers provided @wilkINkc @Btaylor @Dos Perros. I narrowed down the options in my unit and consulted my brother-in-law and was successful in locating a trophy brisket. At the risk of revealing a honey hole (which I'll likely never have a tag for again anyways and which actually was revealed upthread)...I held my own meatup (see what I did there?)

I harvested some Meriam's, ferral swine, NM Gila black angus, and burned ends(?) too. Came with plenty of sauce and square sliced bread to make tacos. Haven't let my Barbecue Of A Lifetime (BOAL) out of my sight (tracking was easy), so nobody could steal it. The only WanKeR around was the neighbor's dog. It was pretty friendly but kind on the "ugly dog" end of the spectrum, so it was not allowed in the patio. With the showing of the DramaLlama secret hand sign, I expected some funny looks but as is the story of my life, I was generally ignored.

Cheers and Skweel Like A Peege.

SLAPs - Copy.JPG

Man you guys are making me hungry! I lived most of my life in the Blue Springs area and now live in Colorado. If anyone is going through that area you gotta stop at Porkys (Grain Valley) or Plow Boys (Blue Springs). Great burnt ends!

Btaylor

WKR
Non-resident hanging in KC this week. I appreciate all help you generous locals beanspillers provided @wilkINkc @Btaylor @Dos Perros. I narrowed down the options in my unit and consulted my brother-in-law and was successful in locating a trophy brisket. At the risk of revealing a honey hole (which I'll likely never have a tag for again anyways and which actually was revealed upthread)...I held my own meatup (see what I did there?)

I harvested some Meriam's, ferral swine, NM Gila black angus, and burned ends(?) too. Came with plenty of sauce and square sliced bread to make tacos. Haven't let my Barbecue Of A Lifetime (BOAL) out of my sight (tracking was easy), so nobody could steal it. The only WanKeR around was the neighbor's dog. It was pretty friendly but kind on the "ugly dog" end of the spectrum, so it was not allowed in the patio. With the showing of the DramaLlama secret hand sign, I expected some funny looks but as is the story of my life, I was generally ignored.

Cheers and Skweel Like A Peege.

View attachment 379573
Givin out the hungry feelers dude. If you are still up there, better hit Q39 before you head out for some ribs and wings.

Tallfeller454

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats on the BOAL. Im a local so i get to hunt that unit every month. Have never lost a harvest to a Well Known Rokslider...........

Luke07

FNG
On the other side of the border in Overland Park. If anyone is over here and wants to get on some Turkey this spring let me know. Hell, I’d even be down to get a Missouri license

I realize this is an old post...I'm on the W. Side of KC, Leav. County. Always looking to meet like minded people. I hunt deer, turkey, and started hunting elk a couple years ago. Rifle and archery. Fish for everything with everything.

I've only been on this site a couple years, read it in the evenings, respond or post occasionally. I have learned from it. Been entertained by it. Not into forum jargon, but I think you are accusing me of asking you to reveal your favorite hunting spots?
If so. Im not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. I'm quite content with my own public hunting spots. Just a middle aged dude looking to converse / collaborate / make friends with outdoorsmen in the KC area. I apologize if I offended you.

I've only been on this site a couple years, read it in the evenings, respond or post occasionally. I have learned from it. Been entertained by it. Not into forum jargon, but I think you are accusing me of asking you to reveal your favorite hunting spots?
If so. Im not sure how you jumped to that conclusion. I'm quite content with my own public hunting spots. Just a middle aged dude looking to converse / collaborate / make friends with outdoorsmen in the KC area. I apologize if I offended you.

:)

I was saying...please keep your (and my) favorite BBQ joints private. Before you know it enough outsiders come in and ruin a good thing. It was said mostly in jest, but not completely. :)

robcollins

Lil-Rokslider
I grew up in Blue Springs, live in Littleton now, my folks are still in Blue Springs, so I'm back several times a year.

Gates and Bryant's are my favorites in KC. Gizzards at Go Chicken Go kick ass. I've been by Porky's, but it was closed last time I went by, it's been on my list for a while.

I brought a half a truckload of hickory in November, so, really, my favorite BBQ is in my back yard. No place I've been to, ever, smokes pork shoulder and adds it to Posole and Pueblo green chilies. Or spatchcocks ptarmigan, pheasant or grouse. Or does stuffed/tied truffled elk or whitetail or antelope bacon wrapped backstrap. Smoked trout and kokanee are pretty good too....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk