Missouri rut

hello all, I am from Louisiana and I have a 400 acre lease in southeast Missouri. I am trying to get some info on the best time to hunt the rut in southeast Missouri. This is my second year with a lease in Missouri. Last year I went November 5-13 to hunt the rut. Not being very familiar with Missouri rut so I went with what my landowner suggested. Saw an alright amount of deer but not much heavy rut action like Ive seen in Illinois. anyone on here hunts the southeast part of the state? any info helps! thanks

That is about right. I am N C and we see it get heavy that week before rifle usually. IIRC we had that warm front blow through opening weekend here and it put a damper on things.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Depends on how far down in SE MO. Could have been a little early for rut action down there. Northern MO is completely different as would most of Illinois seems like. You the only one on the lease?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last year was hot that time of year really put a damper of the rut action

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

OP
pfontenot3
Depends on how far down in SE MO. Could have been a little early for rut action down there. Northern MO is completely different as would most of Illinois seems like. You the only one on the lease?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
yes I'm the only one who leases it, the lease is actually more of south central Missouri.

Btaylor

WKR
You prolly were a week to 10 days late if you are close to the AR line. Week of halloween seems to produce the best rut action. Obviously weather dependent, above avg temps can suppress day time movement.

hic7877

FNG
Northern Missouri the weather was in the 70s near those dates last year. I would say those dates are about perfect for Northern Missouri, not sure on Southern

Are you in the Mississippi River valley or the Ozarks? In Arkansas those Riverland whitetails have a totally different rut schedule than the rest of the state because they’re adapted to put new fawns on the ground after the spring floods hit. Not sure if SE Missouri experiences the same thing close to the river