MN Gunsmith to Thread Muzzle???

gigawatts_3

Lil-Rokslider
I need to have a .270wsm Tikka T3 muzzle braked. I’m looking at installing a gen1 micro bastard brake. I live in Minnesota, an hour north of Minneapolis. Anyone have a good guy they would recommend? Thanks.

Djacker

WKR
I too live in MN. I've been told Ahlmans does good work, never used them though. I will tell you who NOT to use LAKES TRADING in Forest Lake. I specifically told them to cerakote the barrel only on my wife's custom gun. Got my rifle back and the entire gun was cerakoted, then they tried to charge me 3 times the price.

OP
G

gigawatts_3

Lil-Rokslider
I too live in MN. I've been told Ahlmans does good work, never used them though. I will tell you who NOT to use LAKES TRADING in Forest Lake. I specifically told them to cerakote the barrel only on my wife's custom gun. Got my rifle back and the entire gun was cerakoted, then they tried to charge me 3 times the price.

Good to know. My retired boss now sells guns at Cabelas and said ahlmans is the place to go as well. I heard there is a gunsmith in Hugo that’s good, according to a buddy. That’s not the forest lake gunsmith you’re referring to is it? I’m probably gonna make the trip to Ahlman’s.

Djacker

WKR
I don't know of any gunsmiths in the Hugo area. Wolf's Den is a gun shop in Hugo that has been around forever, but I don't know if they do smith work.

Let us know how it works out. I’m in the NW metro but have always shippped rifles out of state for any significant work.

Have talked to this guy in Sauk Rapids, seemed ok but never sent any work his way. http://www.stusgunsmithing.com/

OP
G

gigawatts_3

Lil-Rokslider
Took it to Ahlmans today. They have quite the operation in the middle of nowhere. They had an example of one done that I looked at. Turnaround time right now is about 6 weeks. I’ll post pics once it’s done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took it to Ahlmans today. They have quite the operation in the middle of nowhere. They had an example of one done that I looked at. Turnaround time right now is about 6 weeks. I’ll post pics once it’s done.

What are they charging?

OP
G

gigawatts_3

Lil-Rokslider
I got my Tikka .270wsm back today. They told me 6 weeks, got it back in 8 weeks. Well worth the wait... The fit and finish is amazing. Can’t even tell it’s two pieces when the muzzle brake is screwed on. I also bought a thread protector for when I’m not using the brake. Very happy with Ahlman’s Guns in Morristown, MN. If you’re looking for a muzzle brake install don’t hesitate to give them your business.

2720796eb4754524cb8e09288cf0e1f1.jpg

99edb9ffa18446f2002f15f068c99fc7.jpg
7cc1bbab3e5d71c23ccd58aae7016ef9.jpg

Scottyboy

WKR
Ahlmans is good for the southern part of the state. E Arthur Brown in Garfield for those farther north does very good work, at a very reasonable price

If he is still doing it Butch Warner of Northern Shooting Supply in Hibbing does good work. Haven't had any personal work done but seen lots of his work. Idk about turn around time or if he is even doing it anymore but worth a shot

Chett09

FNG
I got my Tikka .270wsm back today. They told me 6 weeks, got it back in 8 weeks. Well worth the wait... The fit and finish is amazing. Can’t even tell it’s two pieces when the muzzle brake is screwed on. I also bought a thread protector for when I’m not using the brake. Very happy with Ahlman’s Guns in Morristown, MN. If you’re looking for a muzzle brake install don’t hesitate to give them your business.

2720796eb4754524cb8e09288cf0e1f1.jpg

99edb9ffa18446f2002f15f068c99fc7.jpg
7cc1bbab3e5d71c23ccd58aae7016ef9.jpg

I am looking to add one on my tikka 300 wm. are the prices advertised on the website for the break and machining?

I am looking to add one on my tikka 300 wm. are the prices advertised on the website for the break and machining?

As far as I know they are. I haven't been there in a couple of years though (I grew up about an hour away from Morristown).
Best thing to do would be to give them a call and talk to them. Great folks that have been in the business for many years.