MO Success!

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
9pt buck, dressed out at 152lb. Sat about 5 hours in the stand yesterday, dragged him way farther than I liked and uphill to boot. Monarch 170gr FP out of a Marlin 336, SiCo Hybrid and a Sig Tango 1-4 on top. Currently waiting on processing as her majesty refused to allow me to hang a deer in the garage and butcher it.

I ****** up in the morning and sprayed my jacket with pest repellent instead of scent block (bottles are the same, yellow labels, 3am...) but apparently it worked. The buck walked up to about 30m away, the doe he was with maybe 25m but she planted her shoulders behind a couple hefty pines so I decided to take the shot on the buck instead. Took what felt like 5 minutes to turn my whole body in the stand, draw my mark, and cock the gun without spooking the doe.

One shot just behind the shoulder, both lungs and the heart, broke his far shoulder and got lodged there somewhere. Tried to find the bullet while dressing out but no dice. Filled my Any Deer for the year, gonna head back out and try to fill this antlerless tag in the December and January portions.

Now I need a new freezer!

Attachments

• 20211120_105717.jpg
    20211120_105717.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 88

dallas.kc

Lil-Rokslider
Nice shooting. Whereabouts in Missouri are you? Have you seen much rut activity still going on? I’m south of Kansas City, haven’t got to get out much (I mostly bow hunt) so I’m crossing my fingers they are still interested in chasing tail when I finally get back out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
A

Actual_Cryptid

Lil-Rokslider
East, we have a smattering of public land and then the Mark Twain if you drive enough. I can't say if rut was strong or not, plenty of does wandering around looking for some. Most of my people are east MO (WashCo, JeffCo, Iron) or west IL. Seems most folks had decent luck already.