Mobile Elk Hunting Rigs !!

OP
Whitetail Ridge Runner
Well I had to remodel the counter alil to make room for the new heater. Ended up with an electric heater for the dry heat and it looks awesome. Top bunks are welded together, just need to hang them up. Instead of a bottom bunk I will use Coleman cots underneath the top bunks. I need a few more things then its time to button it up and fill it up with gear to head out west!!!20168.jpeg

KY Ryan

FNG
Very impressive. I hope you get some good use out of it. Sorry if I missed it but what is the length of your trailer?

Moneyball

WKR
Awesome looking rigs all around! Would love to try to do something like this in the future.

bpctcb

WKR
Here’s the rig I built. It’s just a small sleeper I build on top of a utility trailer. It’s small and light enough to go down any road my truck can make it down, and it’s nice being able to sleep on a comfortable memory foam mattress during the hunt. I insulated all walls/roof/floor and it stays pretty cozy. Total cost was about $2K to build, including buying the trailer.

What did you skin that with?

I've always wanted to build one like the OP but now I've already got a new 5x14 utility trailer with brakes on the 3500# axle so I'm thinking about building something like yours.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lytro

WKR
What did you skin that with?

I've always wanted to build one like the OP but now I've already got a new 5x14 utility trailer with brakes on the 3500# axle so I'm thinking about building something like yours.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s diamond plated aluminum sheeting.

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
IMG-5692.JPGIMG-5573.JPGIMG-5650.JPG
Here is my redneck camper, it is a 7'x14' V nose which I fully insulated, It has 2.5" of insulation in the ceiling with 1.5" in the walls and sprayed on insulation under the floor. I have it wired for both 120 volts and 12 volts, and I have a plug for either the generator or from the house and the power inverter will also charge the 12 volt battery. I have LED lights throughout and also the porch light, which in hindsight, I'd have put a smaller light on as the one I mounted is super bright. As for heat, I use either an electric heater or a propane heater, which if I use, I leave the door window open a little bit for fresh air. For the sleeping arrangements, I can sleep five, but it's cramped, the rear beds can be moved to whatever height I need them to be. But with the queen sized bed, I don't lower it because I keep my hunting totes and generator under it. I've had this thing in places I shouldn't have, in all types of weather, and I've never regretted it. The only thing I still want to do, is move the axles to the bottom of the springs to gain move ground clearance, the back aluminium piece on the bottom of the doors is taking a beating from being dragged down some of the roads here.

OP
Whitetail Ridge Runner
That's a sweet set up!!! I am worried about the clearance and wish I had time to do something. But this is it's first trip and I am sure I will make some adjustments for next year. Thanks for showing your trailer !

137buck

Lil-Rokslider
That's a sweet set up!!! I am worried about the clearance and wish I had time to do something. But this is it's first trip and I am sure I will make some adjustments for next year. Thanks for showing your trailer !
Mine is in a constant state of change, I’m always finding something different I want to do, the biggest and best thing I did, was putting a regular queen sized mattress in there. There is nothing like coming back from a all day hunt and laying down in a normal bed...well besides having a fast way of cooking with the microwave. As for showering and bathroom duties, I have a shower tent I bought a long time ago, that I use for both purposes. For the shower, I bought a 12 volt bilge pump, hooked up a hose to it and on the end of the hose I put a shower head on it. I run the power off either the battery for the camper or my truck, and to heat it, I use a big turkey fryer and warm the water and then pour it into a cooler with the pump in it. I’m also saving up for a wall tent that’ll attach to the side of my trailer to be able to expand my living space, and I’ll throw a tent stove in there too. But it’s going to be a custom job with the price to go with it, so hopefully next season it’ll be good to go.

OP
Whitetail Ridge Runner
So that's it ! Beds are in, fans installed, extra tie down mounted in the floor for SxS winch, indoor/outdoor thermostat, Med kit, and all the hooks to hang gear up! We are loaded up and headed to Colorado in the morning!!! Time to put this thing to use and hopefully scratch another thing off the bucket list! Good luck to everyone on there archery hunts and Hopefully I don't see you out there :ROFLMAO:IMG_20190825_093339169_HDR.jpgMVIMG_20190825_095257749.jpgIMG_20190825_144903639_HDR.jpgIMG_20190825_120328446.jpg